Thursday, February 25, 2010

What's Wrong with Being Emotional?

When a certain relationship came to an end several months ago, a certain ex-boyfriend told me one of his big problems was that I was too emotional. He was too scared to tell me anything because he didn't like me to cry. And apparently I cried all the time. Not really cry, but I'd get upset and my feelings would get hurt. So, he kept things to himself because he didn't want me to cry. So, to prove him wrong, during our long, drawn-out breakup, I would do my best to keep a straight face, even while I watched him packing up boxes with all of his stuff, because I began to see crying as a sign of weakness. And I was successful. For what it's worth, I kept my crying to a minimum and was really proud of myself, like I proved to him I wasn't a wuss.

But- since I've had the last 3 months to think about stuff, I've decided that that kind of pisses me off. (Not pisses me off in an "I hate him" sort of way, but just realizing that he's wrong). And it was an excuse...he was trying to put the blame on ME for not being able to talk. It's a load of crap. Anyone that knows me knows that me being emotional comes with the territory. It's just the way I am. I've tried to change it and I've decided I don't want to. It's me. It's the way I am. I think I have some pretty incredible people in my life, and a lot of close friends, so I must be doing something right, right? Plus, I tend to be extreme on both ends. If you've made me cry, it's because I care about you and I have very high expectations of the people I care about. If you disappoint me, then it's because I hold you in such high regards that I just can't believe you'd do anything to disappoint. Does that makes sense? Also, if I'm able to cry easily, I'm also able to love alot. And I do. I don't think it should be considered a bad thing that you might make me cry because I love you. My parents make me cry sometimes, and it's because I love them. I want them to be safe and happy and healthy. Same with my friends. If they're in pain, sometimes it makes me cry. Because I want them to be happy. And I care about them. Is that really a bad trait for me to possess? I don't think it is.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

[url=http://seghan.ru/go.php?sid=2][img]http://banners.servized.com/current/gif/ed_720x90_1.gif[/img][/url]

[url=http://old-drugstore.net/]What is/are Zovirax Tablets?[/url]
What are acyclovir tablets or capsules?
ACYCLOVIR (Zovirax®) treats standard types of viral infections, specifically herpes infections. Acyclovir
determination not medicament herpes infections; it desire cure the sores restore faster and workers to release the pain or discomfort.
Every once in a while acyclovir is given to employees bar the infection from coming back. Acyclovir also treats shingles
and chickenpox infections. Generic acyclovir tablets and capsules are available.

What should I communicate my health care provider in the vanguard I gain possession of this medicine?
They needfulness to identify if you comprise any of these conditions:

•dehydration
•neurological disease
•kidney disorder
•seizures (convulsions)
•an peculiar or allergic retaliation to acyclovir, ganciclovir, valacyclovir, valganciclovir, other medicines, foods, dyes, or preservatives
•significant or trying to receive in a family way
•breast-feeding



[url=http://best-drugstore.aoaoaxxx.ru/][img]http://i079.radikal.ru/0910/b9/3f666eb40896.jpg[/img][/url]
























[url= ]purchase Zovirax Courtenaypurchase Zovirax Calgary [/url]
purchase Zovirax Edmontonpurchase Zovirax Red Deer
[url= ]purchase Zovirax Lethbridgepurchase Zovirax Winnipeg [/url]
purchase Zovirax Australiapurchase Zovirax Austria
[url= ]purchase Zovirax Argentinapurchase Zovirax Belgium [/url]
purchase Zovirax Bulgariapurchase Zovirax Brasilia
[url= ]purchase Zovirax Great britainpurchase Zovirax Hungary [/url]
purchase Zovirax Germanypurchase Zovirax Greece
[url= ]purchase Zovirax Denmarkpurchase Zovirax Egypt [/url]
purchase Zovirax Koreapurchase Zovirax Hong Kong
[url= ]purchase Zovirax Israelpurchase Zovirax Ireland [/url]
purchase Zovirax Icelandpurchase Zovirax Italy
[url= ]purchase Zovirax Cypruspurchase Zovirax Latvia [/url]
purchase Zovirax Lithuaniapurchase Zovirax Malta
[url= ]purchase Zovirax Mexicopurchase Zovirax Netherlands [/url]
purchase Zovirax New Zealandpurchase Zovirax Norway
[url= ]purchase Zovirax Polandpurchase Zovirax Romania [/url]
purchase Zovirax Singaporepurchase Zovirax Slovakia
[url= ]purchase Zovirax Sloveniapurchase Zovirax Saudi Arabia [/url]
purchase Zovirax Spainpurchase Zovirax the United states

Anonymous said...

Well I am the same way...I wear my heart on my sleeve. Obviously I think that is a fine way to be! lol ..I cry when I am happy, when I am sad AND when I am pissed off. I think Dad gets bewildered sometimes because he is not quite sure which emotion fits the bill. I do not think there is anything wrong with having passion about the things you care about. Anyway I don't think we're going to change any time soon...besides I think you are perfect just the way you are. And yes I did get a bit teary eyed when I read your blog today.

love, mom

steph said...

I love you just the way you are! :-)