Thursday, April 8, 2010

All Signs Point to: Go See Your Mother.

Alright, I thought I had my ENTIRE weekend planned out. Friday, my friends Lyz and Weyman were going to come over and I was going to cook dinner for them (I owed them because when Felix and I broke up/were breaking up, they really took care of me and made me food ALL the time....maybe that contributed to a post-breakup-weight-gain...or maybe that was the binge drinking...hmmmm....).
Then SATURDAY, I thought Jody was going to come up and we were going to do a little shopping, maybe take a walk, go out to dinner...really low key.

Well, everyone canceled on me. Within like 5 minutes of each other. WTF!

So, I figured it was God's way of saying, "Go spend time with your family". I always go home when I have a reason, not just to go visit. I'm taking The Hurt Locker (my dad will love it), and going to spend some time with my parents, without having to rush off to meet someone or do something. Then I'm going to stay at mom's hotel, sleep in a big comfy bed in a nice dark room, wake up Saturday, come back to Ohio and get all the stuff done that I've been putting off.

Plus, (and I'm getting a little personal here...just a warning in case you want to stop reading) I am back on THE PILL, after being off of it for almost a year. My dermatologist and wonderful lady doctor thinks my skin problems are being caused because of out of control hormones from not being on the pill. ANYWAY- so I started taking that again last week, and my emotions are CRAZY. I cry at the drop of a friggin' hat, so I think me spending an entire weekend at home would be miserable for me. So, yup. Thanks friends for bailing on me, but it's probably for the best. I'm pretty excited to see my family! Who knows how long that will last, though...

KIDDING MOM.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you stay for the whole weekend, we both know where you will be sitting when you cry!! lol

love, mom