Friday, April 23, 2010

Night at the Races.

Tonight I went to a breast cancer fundraiser. I wasn't really looking forward to going because, well...who wants to spend their Friday night at a breast cancer fundraiser? But- I told my friend Lyz I would go, so I went.

It was called "Night at the Races", and it ended up being a helluva good time! Dinner was provided, and it was BYOB.

The premise was horse racing. Tickets were $15 to get in, and it was $25 to buy a horse. I bought a horse and named it ""A-woww" (totally a play off of J-Woww from Jersey Shore...FIRST PUMP!).

All the horses were organized into "races". There were 9 horses for each race. Bets were two bucks each, and before each race you went up and placed your bets. Then, they had this giant projector with old horse races, and each of the horses on screen had a number, which corresponded with the horses people bought and named. It was actually really exciting and people jump up and cheer during the races...also, there were a bunch of different raffles.

Basically, I went and lost $50 bucks, as well as the $25 I paid for my ticket, but I won some and lost some during the night, and it was a great cause!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you had fun you gambling fiend, lol.

love, mom