Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Time Flies.

Today is my 27th birthday, and MAN do I feel old! Birthdays have always been bittersweet for me. When I was younger, they always sucked (like- getting-kidney-stones-kind-of-suck). The last few years have been ok, and this year is probably most aptly labled as "meh".

If you would've sat me down on my birthday last year, and told me where I would be one year later, I wouldn't have believed you. Things have changed DRASTICALLY in the last 12 months. But I can't say they've changed for the worse....and I can't really say they've changed for the better.

Right now, I kind of feel like I'm in limbo. I'm waiting for my Next Big Thing. Really, if you think about it, isn't life always about the Next Big Thing?

For the majority of the last three years, Felix was my Next Big Thing. I thought I was starting the next logical chapter in my life, and guess what? I was wrong. And yeah, that sucks.

But now, I have a gazillion opportunities open for me that I wasn't even considering a year ago. Hell, I wasn't even considering them six months ago. And guess what? I'm EXCITED about those possibilities.

I guess what I wonder is this: Does life really change for the better? Or does it just change, and you make the best of it?

And honestly, I'm not trying to get all mopey on my birthday, because I don't even remember what I did last year. I really don't. I think I got a new pair of workout shoes, and we called it a day. And I do know that I'm meeting Jody in Cranberry for dinner tonight, and what really could be better than having dinner with one of your best friends on your birthday?

1 comment:

steph said...

last year rich and i came out the weekend of ur birthday. Can't remember what we did, but we were there :-)