Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Found This in My Work Bag.

I found a piece of paper in my work bag, with this quote copied on it:

"Destiny, I feel, is a relationship-- a play between divine grace and willful self-effort. Half of it you have no control over; half of it is absolutely in your hands, and your actions will show measurable consequences. Man is neither entirely a puppet of the gods, nor is he entirely the captain of his own destiny; he's a little of both. We gallop through our lives like circus performers balancing on two speeding side-by-side horses- one foot is on the horse called "Fate", he other on the horse called "Free Will". And the question you have to ask every day is- which horse is which? Which horse do I need to stop worrying about because it's not under my control, and which do I need to steer with concentrated effort?"

-Eat, Pray, Love

**Need to go back through this book with a highlighter...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Too deep for me, lol!!

love, mom