Sunday, January 3, 2010

Weekend Recap.

I had a nice, long, three-day weekend because I took off New Year's Eve night...and I was BUSY.

Thursday.
Tried to get some sleep during the day because I worked the night before knew I was in for a long night with Jody and Sally Thursday night...but the squirrel debacle nixed that idea. I slept for about 3 1/2 hours, and then just decided to get up and go. I got to Jody's around 4:30, chatted with her and Sally for awhile, then got all dressed up for the night (see pictures from yesterday's post). Jody had some friends over, we ate dinner (lasagna!), had a few glasses of wine, then headed downtown.
(I need to take a minute here and throw in my endorsement for FIVE HOUR ENERGY. Those things are MAGIC in a little bottle. I mean, seriously. I stopped and got one on the way downtown, and was instantly awake and NOT jittery. It kept me going until 3 am.)
Me, Jody, and Sally rented a room at the Hilton downtown, and after the three of us got down there and enjoyed a little champage, we took a cab down to Pittsburgh's south side. We stopped at our first bar, Margaritaville, and had a few drinks, and met up with some other friends. After that, we started walking down Carson Street and ended up at Mario's (surprisingly the one bar I said I DIDNT want to go to, but it was ok). We rang in the new year there, dancing a little, talked to some people, then got kicked out of the bar when it closed at 2:00 am. Finding a cab back to the hotel was INSANE, and we walked a TON in very uncomfortable shoes. There was a lot of funny things that happened that night, but I'll keep it short by saying it was a great night, and there's no other way I'd rather ring in the new year. Jody and Sally are so much fun...and any worries I had about missing Felix and being depressed were totally thrown out the window. If that night was any indication of my year to come, it's going to be a great 2010!

Friday.
We laid on Jody's couch and ate food and didn't shower ALL DAY. It was a total Fat Girl Day. After Jody made pork and sauerkraut (I actually LIKED it), I headed back to Ohio because I wanted to sleep in my own bed. I hit a REALLY scary whiteout on the Turnpike but made it safely back around 7:30 pm. I had a relaxing night...Watched 500 Days of Summer (great movie) then slept for approximately 10 hours. I needed it.

Saturday.
I woke up and got some stuff accomplished around the apartment. Got my tree taken down and all the Christmas decorations put in storage. I put my tree up the same weekend I moved in, so now I feel like my apartment is empty without it up. Around 3ish, I headed up to Warren to hang out with Lyz and Weyman. We went up to Beachwood (turns out its a VERY ritzy mall in the Cleveland area...Never before have I felt so out of place in a land full of Gucci and Loubitins.) and I found a sweet sweater for five bucks, found out my bra size is WAY bigger than I thought (thanks to those girls at Victoria's Secret and their measurement capabilities), got a pair of black leggings I probably won't ever have the confidence to wear, and a really sweet leather coat at Nordstrom Rack for $40 bucks. After that, we headed back to Lyz and Weyman's, made spicy bowtie pasta for dinner (HOT!), and played yahtzee and watched The Hangover. I came home around 1:30 and stayed up until around 4 this morning, watching Californication on my netflix online, so I could get back on my schedule for work Sunday night.

Sunday.
I woke up around 3:00 this afternoon, made a healthy breakfast (time to get my ass in gear for 2010), and have been lounging around since. The Steelers won! There's still a chance of getting into the playoffs!! YAY! Now I gotta get my butt off the computer and clean my apartment and get ready to go back into work tonight. Thank God my schedule is back to normal and the holidays are over. I'm excited to begin this new year on the right foot...who knows what it has in store for all of us!

Best wishes for the new year!!!

No comments: