Friday, January 22, 2010

I Think I'm in Love...

...with the South Beach Diet. It's friday. The scale is down 4 POUNDS since Sunday. I've worked out all week, I haven't eaten a bunch of disgusting, processed foods, very little sugar (I'm starting to think this is KEY), and I feel amazing. Not to mention I'm already fitting into a pair of jeans that has been just a WEE bit too tight.

My biggest worry is the weekend. I seem to throw everything out the window whenever Friday rolls around when it comes to a diet/exercise plan. And I'm not stupid enough to think that these four pounds I've lost won't come creeping back on as soon as I eat a cookie. Or a piece of bread. So...I've already planned a few strategies:

Tonight, my friends Sally and Susan are coming over for dinner. I offered to cook, so that way I can be in charge of what's going into my body (THATS WHAT SHE SAID!). I found a SB Diet friendly recipe for Italian Stuffed Chicken Breast, and Garlic Green Beans. During the first phase of the SB Diet, alcohol is completely prohibited, but really? With my life? That's not going to happen. It says if you MUST drink, drink red wine. So, dinner with a couple glasses of red wine, and I feel like I've made better decisions than I normally would for a Friday night.

As for the rest of the weekend, I have two lunch dates (not actual "dates", don't get excited), and I'll just have to be strong and order chicken salads.

I also have plans to work out Saturday and Sunday, so we'll see if that actually happens.

Ok, it's time to finish watching the rest of my DVR'd episodes of Project Runway, and head to the grocery store. These girls are just going to have to DEAL with my messy apartment tonight, cause I ain't cleanin.

Have a great weekend!!!

No comments: