Wednesday, January 20, 2010

South Beach Chocolate Milk Shake? Yup!

Since "Phase 1" of the South Beach Diet (the first two weeks) is pretty restrictive, I was searching for some different recipes last night to get through the first 14 days...veggies and protein can get kind of boring. After realizing my Dunkin Donuts Latte Lite is NOT allowed for the first two weeks (there's 10 grams of sugar..dammit!!), I decided I needed to find some sort of "treat" so I don't feel like I'm depriving myself. I found it. A chocolate "milkshake" that is absolutely similar to the real thing...I would've taken a picture, but I sucked it down pretty quickly. Whoops! Here it is, and I highly recommend it:

1/2 cup light ricotta cheese
2/3 cup skim milk
1 tsp instant coffee
a squirt or two of sugar free Hershey's syrup
1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
3 packets of Splenda
as much ice as you want for desired thickness

Blend all the ingredients in a blender..that's it!! MMmmm..CHOCOLATE!

No comments: