Sunday, January 10, 2010

Weekend Recap.

Friday.
Since I've been living by myself, I've decided to kind of keep with my overnight schedule through the weekends, instead of trying to get on a "normal" schedule every Friday and Saturday. So, I slept until around 2 in the afternoon on Friday, woke up and got a workout in (that almost NEVER happens on Friday..go me!) Then showered and got ready for the night. I went to Giant Eagle to buy stuff to make a healthier version of Chicken Parmesan (baked!), and my friends Jason, Sally, and Seth came over for the evening. Dinner turned out great, Jason brought wedding soup and some authentic Italian biscotti and some sort of crunchy thing that looked like a mini bagel, and we drank wine, and ate and had a great time. Seth left around 11 because he had to work the next day, but Sally, Jason, and I somehow managed to stay up until 6am. It was ridiculous! Around 3:00 am, I heard a knock on my door, and without thinking, went and opened it up. There were two men (I use the term "men" loosely, the looked like they were MAYBE 20) standing there, clearly either drunk or on something. I exclaimed, "I DON'T KNOW YOU!!" and promptly slammed the door in their faces, locking up all my locks and bolts. They kept knocking and saying, "let us in! Let us in!" Sally and I were thoroughly creeped out. So Jason went over to the door and said, "Get out of here, I gotta wake up at 4 to go to work! What are you doing here?" In his deepest, most intimidating manly voice. Then the guys left. I think they thought they were going to a party or something at one of the apartments and just got the wrong one, but I guess we'll never know. So then, about a half hour later, there was another knock on the door. Jason got up to look, and what do you know? It was the POLICE! AT MY DOOR! In my semi-intoxicated state, I immediately got nervous that I was going to get in trouble for being drunk...in my own house...at 26 years old. They asked if anything weird was going on, and I told them the story about the two guys knocking on my door. The police didn't seem overly concerned, and left. We run to the window to look out, and the next thing we know, the police are frisking these dudes up against the police car in the parking lot! I have no idea what was going on, but they eventually let the boys go, and everyone drove off. Yet another disturbing event in my apartment complex. After that, the night was pretty uneventful. We watched Three's Company, and at 5:30, Sally and Jason left, and I managed to stay awake until 6:00 am (Because Sivillo didn't think I could do it), then eventually fell asleep when the sun was rising.

Saturday.
After the events from the previous night, I opted to stay in all night and watch Entourage Season 3, and just have a chill night at home by myself. Ever since I moved in here, I've been keeping myself super busy, and haven't let myself be alone on the weekends so I wouldn't get depressed and feel like a lonely loser. So, Saturday was also a test to myself that I can sit at home on a weekend night and not wanna kill myself. I went to Target and bought a printer, some workout pants at Old Navy (they were on sale for $12 bucks!! I had to stock up! Their yoga pants are AWESOME), and then came home and settled in for a night of TV. Once again, I stayed up until around 5:30 am, then finally fell asleep.

Sunday.
Felix texted me around noon and said we got our security deposit back, and they sent it to him. He wanted to know if he could stop over after he took his daughter home for the weekend, so he could give me the money. I said yes, and then proceeded to stress out the entire day, about what was sure to be a 3 minute visit. I made sure I took a shower, put makeup on, my best sweats (didn't want to look like I was trying TOO hard), and settled in to wait. My stomach was in complete butterflies the whole day. He got here around 6:00 pm, gave me my check, we made some uncomfortable small talk, I asked him if he wanted to come in, he said no, and with a very awkward hug, he left. It was weird. I felt like he was a complete stranger, not a man I had spent the last three years with, two of those living with him. I guess I should be grateful that he's not one of those guys that's going to string me along and tell me he misses me, and I don't know what I expected, but WEIRD is the only way to describe it. Now that all of the loose ends of our old apartment are tied up, there's no reason for me to ever see or talk to him again. I can't decide how I feel about it. Relieved? A little. Disappointed? Maybe. I just honestly don't know. I would like to be friends, but is that really possible? He's the type of guy that once something is done, it's done. I guess I should be more like that, too. It just feels weird that someone I cared about so much, after just over a month of being apart, it's like I don't even know him. I wonder if it was as weird for him as it was for me, or if he just couldn't wait to give me the money and get the hell out of there? I guess I'll probably never know.

No comments: