Thursday, January 14, 2010

Stupid Girl!

A few nights ago on my way to work, I hit a pothole. HARD. I felt for SURE I had a flat tire, because it sounded like my tire was making kind of a banging noise...and plus I'm paranoid, so I drove the rest of the way to work in fear that my tire was going to fall off my car in Youngstown, at 11:00 at night. Not. Good.
So I get to work, look at my tire, and it's fine. Huh. I went into work and forgot about it. The last two nights driving to work, I've been paranoid that every shake, rattle, and roll meant my tire was going to FALL OFF onto the street, leaving me standed in heels in the snow.
Today, I finally took action and called a local garage based on a recommendation from a guy at work. I called in the morning to make an appointment, they said I could stop in at any time. After I woke up this afternoon, I threw on some sweats and headed to the garage. They were SUPER nice when I went in, and the dude working there immediately hopped in my car and took it for a spin to see if he could notice anything.
I sat there for a few minutes, waiting...and he pulled back in and promptly pulled my poor Chevy Aveo into the garage. Here it is, I thought...My rim is bent, the belt in my tire is busted, I need to get it aligned, all these possibilities are going through my head.
He jacks the tire up (or whatever it is they do), and promptly starts kicking my car! WTF! I look more closely, and see he's kicking this HUGE piece of ice off my car, right by the tire in question. He walks over to me and says, "You're good to go". A FRIGGIN PIECE OF ICE!? Seriously? Talk about being a dumb girl. He said it was rubbing up against my wheel and that's probably why I thought it was acting funny. Hm. They didn't charge me a cent, but I promptly spent $36 bucks right then and there on a full service oil change that I needed anyway.

Needless to say, just another bad experience at a garage where I looked stupid. AWESOME.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

At least they didn't take advantage of a dumb girl. And they now have a loyal customer who will recommend them to everyone she talks to(or online, lol)!! I guess there are some decent and smart people left...

love, mom

The Gilligans said...

Bahhhahahaha! You crack me up! I am the same stupid way about things like that! Hence the reason I'm making matt look at vehicles today...he is going to die in his if he doesn't trade it in! YOu are too much for me! I'm glad though that you didn't have to deal with anything else that could have benn costly! Priceless story!