Thursday, August 20, 2009

Fit Friday!!!

30 Day Shred
Level 2 of our 30 Day Shred Challenge ended yesterday, and all I can say is THANK. GOD. Personally, I HATED level 2. Hated. It. But I'll go more in-depth in a second. First, though, here's what the other girls thought:
BECKY
"From the moment Jillian uttered the words 'I want you to gargle your heart' I knew this level was going to be a bumpy ride. But I have to admit, some parts of it DID get a little easier as each day passed, but I STILL hate the V-flies. As far as results, I feel they were a bit more subtle than level one. I didn't lose any additional weight, though I did lose another quarter inch off my hips and my biceps/triceps are starting to look really defined. Plus, I'm starting to see the hints of that sexy "V" on my lower abdomen. I'm thinking that we'll all really see some good results a few days after the program. Working the same muscles day in and day out does not give them the chance to recover in between, so once they've had a chance to rest a bit we may see even more definition! But that's just a guess. :) Anyway, looking forward to moving onto level three and hoping it is as Ashley said, a bit better than level two.

STEPH
"ok.. so my thoughts on level 2... at first it was a welcome change.. a challenge that i thought would be better than level 1.. however, after doing it for these last 10 days, i would say i HATE level 2. i don't know what it is about it, but i really didn't like it, could be for monthly reasons out of my control. i might measure, i might not. i don't know if level 2 did anything for me besides kick my ass and hurt my knees. here's to the last level and the next challenge!!! :)"
**Steph added more to her message after she decided to measure***this is an addition to my previous message, since i was bitching pretty hard core...i just measured and lost 2 inches off my thighs and an inch from my hips.. my arms and back are definitely more toned and i can feel that they're stronger.. i think we picked the right challenge for sept. we're building the muscle and strength now only to get rid of fat next. love it!

ASH (ME!!!)
"After 8 or 9 days of doing nothing but bitch and moan about this level, I realized something on Day 10. To me, this level was more about pushing myself to do something I was disliking so strongly (ok, HATING WITH A PASSION). And I did it. For ten days in a row. I can't believe I've worked out 20 days in a row! I'm proud of myself for completing this level for another reason, too: This level fell smack dab at that time of the month where I do nothing but eat, sleep, feel crampy, and hate my life. And I still managed to work out. I'll give myself a pat on the back for that. Also, I've become a LOT stronger. I can do real push-ups now! Maybe not 15 in a row, but the ones I do, are done properly. I definately can tell my core is getting stronger, as well. So, while the physical changes aren't as drastic as I'd like (although I did lose another 1/2 inch off my hips, 1/4 off my waist, and 1/4 off my butt...), this level showed me how much stronger I'm getting...physically and mentally! Bring it, Level 3!!"

ANDREA
"Level two. Go! I thought level 1 was hard. False. Level 2 worked parts of my body I don't think I've ever toned before. When I flex now, I actually have an arm muscle! Here are the specific likes and dislikes about this circuit.Likes: The oblique twists, skaters, squat/weight lifting, and all circuits of crunches. The harder I pushed myself, the more I got comfortable doing these moves.Dislikes: Plank jacks and the plank move where we bring our legs in, then jump back out. Those were killer. But if it weren't for you girls, I don't think I would have been motivated to doing the shred every single day so far! So thank you.Here's to level 3!"






LAURA
"I think the general consensus was that Level 2 sucked. It was a nice change up from Level 1, full of new Jillian one liners, and us all gargling our hearts. It really worked your shoulders and I could really tell my back was getting stronger. If I could walk around in backless shirts all day long, I would, because I feel that my back and shoulders look awesome. My arms are more defined, however I hated all the plank moves! Plank Plank Plank...overload! I'm excited for Level 3 and all the good work the girls have been doing. I'm also excited for the next monthly challenge! This was the best idea ever! Let's hit it to Level 3!!"






***I'll post Leah's update as soon as she sends it to me***

So there you have it, folks! Our thoughts on level 2. Ten more days of Jillian, and then? MORE JILLIAN! For those of you who would like to participate in our September Challenge, here it is: Jillian Michaels' DVD "Banish Fat Boost Metabolism". I have this DVD and it. is. tough. It's like the Shred, but 40 minutes instead of 20. The challenge is to work out five days a week, three of those workouts being "Banish Fat Boost Metabolism". We're starting September 1st, so let me know if you want in! We'll set up another Facebook page (I think it REALLY helped all the girls during our Shred challenge), and I'll do blog updates every ten days.

Coming next Fit Friday? I'll explain to you why I hate Weight Watchers.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You ladies are awesome. But I lost 2 pounds with weightwatchers and WATP. Yea everybody..

love, mom

skittle365 said...

Hey mom...you must be doing something right!! You lost more weight than any of us girls did:)

Anonymous said...

Yeah but I'm fat and you girls are not!!

love, mom

skittle365 said...

ummm...next time you downplay your hard work I'm coming home and smacking the crap outta you. Just sayin'.

Anonymous said...

Oh now it's elder abuse, huh!!

love, mom