Sunday, August 9, 2009

Weekend Recap.

I had a great weekend! Friday afternoon, Felix and I picked up Talia and headed to my parents house in Sigel for a camping trip to Clear Creek. First, we set up shop at the campsite, with Felix trying to start a fire while my mom and I unpacked everything and tried to look busy so we wouldn't have to do anything:

Talia and Morgan had fun riding around on their bikes wherever they wanted, without worrying about us worrying about THEM.

After we got all settled in and my dad went for his walk up the GINORMOUS hill at Clear Creek, Becky came out to visit with her beautiful family. I love her kids. Madeline and Isaac are so beautiful and well-behaved...not to mention hysterically funny!


After Becky, Dave and the kids left, my parents actually ended up both going home, too. Believe it or not, Talia and Morgan wanted to sleep in one of the tents by themselves. Felix and I thought they'd get scared, but they didn't at all. They were both really proud they made it through the night without coming into our tent.

Saturday, me, Felix, Morgan, Talia, and my dad went on a 4-mile canoe trip down the Clarion River. It was a blast! I think I've only been canoeing less than a handful of times, and it was Talia and Morgan's first time, too. Unfortunately, I forgot my camera, so there aren't any pictures.

Saturday night we came back up to Ohio, I had to force myself to workout because of this 30 Day Shred Challenge. Needless to say, by the time we went to sleep Saturday night, I was exhausted and slept in until 8:30 (Yeah, it doesn't sound late, but trust me. That NEVER happens).

Today, it's supposed to be 94 degrees. It's not even 10 am and it's already hot. I might be skipping Felix's softball game today. I can't really see myself hanging out in this heat just to support my man. Haha he's on his own today!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't do half of what you did this weekend and I am exhausted! I did have a busy week since I actually had to do something every day this week, plus work you know! I enjoyed seeing you all this weekend...you were so cute with your mountain pie making ... so
gadgety. Is that a word? I loved spending time with Felox and Talia..they are officially my family whether they like it or not. Well, I have to get a shower because we are going to "The Walmart". Tell Felox he can start making fun of me now!

love, mom

skittle365 said...

haha well, Felix buys you movies and talia says "you're nice", so I don't think you have to worry about them liking you:)

We need to do stuff like that more often..it was fun!!

The Gilligans said...

That's a great weekend right there! I am so excited Felix and Talia got to experience "roughin" it! Loved the weekend re-cap - Becky and the kids look great :)

PS - your mom looks good with her bangs! I am sure she has had them forever, but then again I have seen her in forever! Love it!