Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Getting Rid of All the Crap.

My mom and I had the bright idea to have a yard sale on Labor Day Weekend to get rid of some of the crap we have accumulated over the years. I'm beginning to think it's not going to be worth it!! I've already taken a load of stuff to my parent's house, and this is what I'm trying to sort through in the next few days:

And here are some pictures of all the other stuff I gotta sort through in the next few weeks...and that's only in the basement!!




I have a feeling I'll be taking a few trips to mom's before the Big Day. Funny how I get to sort through all of Felix's things, too and price them. If I don't do it, they'll just sit in the basement for another year. Whatever we make is going to be socked away towards our trip to NYC with Steph and Rich in December..or maybe our House Fund (which has yet to be started). Who knows?

Anyway, this is our first yard sale. Anyone have any good tips? Also, stop out at my mom's Labor day weekend! There's actually some good stuff in here. We have some brand new stuff that was never used, clothes with tags, etc.

I better make a little money. If I come home with 20 bucks, I'll be so pissed. All this work is worth a little more than that!

2 comments:

KC Kinney said...

Last year Kelli and I got the bright idea to have a yard sale. We were so pumped! Money Money Money was all we could think. After all the hard work and preparation, we decided it would be our last! Haha, hopefully yours will be better :)

Anonymous said...

We need to think of this as quality family time...the money(dear God we hope ) will be but a bonus!!!

love, mom