Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Let's Talk About Plants, Baby.

Our living room has been looking pretty EMPTY since I threw away both of our big plants that were in two of the corners. I couldn't keep them alive for the life of me, and trust me, I tried! We even bought Aqua Globes. Totally overrated.

Anyway, Felix saw an ad in the Sunday paper for a big sale at Michael's, so we went on Saturday and purchased both of these fake plants...each on sale for less than $20 bucks! And if you've ever looked into buying fake plants, the ones that look real are NOT cheap.













Also, in one of my very first blog posts, I posted a picture of some little Easter egg plants I put in Talia's Easter basket that were finally starting to sprout, and I was so proud that they finally started growing. Here's what they looked like then:



One of them never grew any bigger, but the second one (I'm no gardener, but I think they're impatiens?) now looks like this:


I've already had to transfer it into two different "pots", but now it looks like I gotta put it into something even bigger. Words cannot explain how proud I am of myself for growing this plant.
And yes, I realize I just spent a good 20 minutes writing about fake plants and flowers. But my life isn't really that interesting, and sometimes this is the most interesting thing going on in my day. Go ahead, feel bad for me.

3 comments:

Steph said...

Nice new tree!!! Micheal's is always a little pricey, but they always have coupons! :)

KC Kinney said...

Love the Snoopy mug :)

Anonymous said...

I cannot take credit for your burgeoning green thumb because I even kill fake plants! lol

love, mom