Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Another Day, Another Dead Fish.

Felix adores his fish tank. He keeps it immaculately clean, and it's basically his pride and joy. I don't go near it, but I think it's pretty. Yesterday, he woke up to find his biggest fish half floating, half trying to swim around. He's been messed up for a few days now and Felix was waiting for him to die. He had this guy for SIX YEARS! Not like he was SAD it died...after all, it's just a fish. He threw it in the dumpster. Which makes me mad because I think he should at least smack it on the pavement and actually KILL it before tossing it in the trash. He thinks I'm crazy for thinking that. Ummm, a quick THWACK and it's lights out? Or how about I suffocate you in the hot burning sun until you finally die? I'll take the quick and (almost) painless death.
Anyway, I've been getting on him for awhile now, jokingly telling him I want a pink fish. So, yesterday, he and Talia went out and searched high and low, and found me one! Here's a picture, but he's still shy until he gets used to the tank...look at the hole in the big rock, he's hiding back there.

Felix is having a streak of "awww that makes Ashley's day" moments this week. I'm a lucky girl!

5 comments:

Patrick said...

Felix did extra good on this one. He bought you a rock, and you're fooled. At least this one won't die.

skittle365 said...

Pat, my mom read your comment and said she was cracking up! Good job:)

The Gilligans said...

for some reason as I began to read your post the words "Dewy Died" began repeating itself in my mind with flash backs of green merky water...

Matt said...

you should name it Stinky...just like Pat's gym socks.

Patrick said...

Your fish rocks.