Friday, September 4, 2009

Fit Friday!!!

Ok, this is going to be a VERY rushed post. I have a horribly busy 4 days ahead of me, and I'm pretty sure only two of those nights include sleep.

30 DAY SHRED
So, here are our final thoughts on the 30 Day Shred Challenge.
I'm sorry there aren't pictures today, but I'm trying to get this done at work before the Canfield Fair takes over my life, and believe it or not, trying to get all those pictures lined up perfectly is NOT something that comes easy to me, so we're skipping it today!

Ok, so I'll go first.

ASHLEY
I'm soooo glad we did this challenge. I only lost two pounds, but I've definately tightened up, and most importantly, have gained a lot of confidence. I know it sounds cheesey, but I NEVER thought I would work out for a month straight (I only missed the VERY. LAST. DAY. Long story, but basically I was exhausted and fell asleep)! My core is way tighter, and I've lost some inches in my hips, waist, butt, and chest. I can do push-ups, which is amazing in itself!! All in all, I think the Shred is a good way to get motivated, but I also think you need longer than a 20-minute workout to really see a difference...and I didn't like doing the same thing ten days in a row. (If you read anything about strength training, you're NOT supposed to work the same muscles two days in a row...which you do. ALOT.) Other than that, I have NOTHING bad to say about this challenge. Plus, I found a group of girls who can encourage me to workout via Facebook which is the biggest help of all! I love my new found workout buddies!

BECKY
So my final impression of the 30 Day Shred is this: I didn't totally care for doing the same exact exercise 10 days in a row for 30 days, but it did keep me really motivated to keep going that all you ladies were doing it with me. I did miss a couple of days due to a crazy-hectic schedule, but I also added additional workouts on some of the other days, so I feel like that sort of evens out. :) As far as results, I didn't end up with the six-pack abs that Jillian kept talking about during the 3rd phase, but I do have some nice definition in my arms and legs and I can really tell a difference in my core strength. Just a littel bit more (and, sigh, a little less beer) and I can probably have that 6-pack. I'll have to measure later to find the end results, but I have to say I am so incredibly proud of all of us for keeping up with it for 30 days.

LAURA
After doing the Shred for 30 days, I have definately noticed a difference. I enjoyed Level 3 the most, but towards the end, I tweeked my shoulder doing the traveling push ups. I have a snow boarding injury from a few years ago and I could tell throughout the shred that my shoulder was getting tired, but also that it was starting to build up some muscle. I worked it too hard though, I physcially wasn't able to do the last few days of the shred. I started running the last two weeks though, I have noticed that I can run for longer periods of time and don't cramp up like I did before. I am definately stronger and noticing some definition in my arms and obliques. Overall I feel better, and its nice to get into a work out routine. I've definately started setting goals for myself over the next few months, and hope to run a 10K in Oct and Dec. It's been great going through The Shred with these girls and everyone has done a great job keeping each other motivated.

ANDREA
I can admit, I wasn't expecting to see such big results now that I'm done. A lot of people at work say they can tell I've lost weight...and that is a good feeling! I wimped out during level 3, even though this was the cycle I enjoyed the most. My work schedule has recently been flip-flopped. Instead of working 2:30pm - 11:30pm, I now work 2:00am - 10:30am. I won't lie...I missed 4 days, and trust me, I felt very guilty that I slacked off.
Either way, I still have my newly developed muscle tone, and I am stronger than I was before we started the 30 Day Shred. In all, I lost a total of 14 pounds!
And I'm going to keep up my routine in hopes of losing a total of 40 pounds total! Thanks for keeping me motivated every day and I'm proud of the other girls for sticking with it...even though Jillian's own motivation style (isn't that right, buddy?) got pretty annoying sometimes haha.

STEPH
I missed 3 days this cycle. I can't say that it was out of laziness, we've just been incredibly busy. As far as the shred goes... I feel more energized and my pants fit better. Everyone has been telling me that I look good and they can tell I've lost some inches. I won't say weight, cause to be honest, I hate stepping on the scale and I really don't care what my weight is as long as the inches are shredding off (no pun intended). I haven't measured yet, but I've lost at least 3 inches around my thighs and an inch or two around my waist that I know of.. Rich and I were wrestling around (yeah, still do it after being married for almost a year) and he told me I was definitely stronger than before. He also said that I've lost a lot since he can really wrap his arms around me now... I'm scared to think how much bigger I was before... ekkkk. that and my husband always knows just the right things to say. HA!

There you have it, folks! Our first Fitness Challenge was a success!

Now, we all need to kick our asses into gear, because I'm pretty sure we've ALL slacked at the beginning of this new challenge. Let's get our sh*t together, girls!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am very proud of you girls!!

love, mom