Thursday, September 10, 2009

I'm a Texting FIEND!

Anyone who knows me, knows I hate chatting on the phone (unless it's with my mom, then it's an at least 25 minute phone call every day). So, my preferred method of communication is texting. My BlackBerry service plan with Alltel includes 750 texts for $9.99 a month, and up until a few months ago, that was PLENTY. But- Last month, I went to pay my bill online and my total was something to the tune of $142.oo. I thought it HAD to have been a mistake because my bill is usually $92. After investigating, I found I went WAY over my texting limit, and was charged .15 cents PER TEXT. Vowing to limit my texting, I paid the bill and forgot about it.
Fast forward to THIS billing cycle..I almost PUKED EVERYWHERE (seriously) when I saw my total for this month: $192.00. The culprit? Texts. GOD!
How do I text that much?! And I even use BlackBerry Messenger when I can, and that's FREE!
Anyway- in a panic (because something always seems to go wrong as soon as I get a little money tucked away), I called Alltel to update my plan.
I changed my plan to unlimited texts (an additional 15 bucks...but what's that compared to DOUBLE my usual bill?!), and the girl was super nice. Feeling brave, I said, "Is there anyway you can apply that to my bill that is currently due on September 23rd?" She did it! I never thought they'd go for that. Guess it's the bad economy. But thank god, because now I don't have to pay that ridiculous bill.
Text me!

5 comments:

Steph said...

haha.. last month rich came to me and said... we really have to talk about your phone bill this month... i was thinking to myself, i don't talk to anyone one the phone really, and we have unlimited txts... uhhhhh yeah, good thing we do because my phone bill would have been INSANE to the tune of about 900 txt messages. HOLY SHIT..

Anonymous said...

Yeah, sure you worry about texting when YOU pay for it!! I used to stroke out every month when you were in college ( and I got that bill). Of course I wanted to be able to contact you at will, so I bi**hed at you and paid it every month. Humph!!

love, mom

KC Kinney said...

Hey about the book:

Definately couples in general! The book refers to each other as "spouse" so I technically don't qualify to read it yet. But I just take it out of context and anywhere it says spouse I just think significant other.
I highly reccommend this book to you Ash, it's fun and challenging at the same time. You really begin to feel great about yourself and your relationship. I'm only so far into it, but I think it will continue to be great.


Oh ya, and can't wait for your ring!! :)

skittle365 said...

Sorry mom...how many times do I have to tell you sorry for being a butthole in college? Haha I'm better now!! Totally self sufficient!! (Hey remember you still owe me 20 bucks from the yardsale..LOL!!)

Anonymous said...

I can always apply that 20.00 to your college butthole bills... that sounds gross!!

love, mom