Wednesday, September 23, 2009

What if This is as Good as it Gets?

My friend Leah re-posted a blog on her Facebook last night that she wrote in September of 2008, and she said it was funny how very little had changed in the last year.
That got me thinking about MY last year, and how much has changed and how much has stayed the same.

Most everything has stayed exactly that same. And that's not a bad thing. Aside from the day-to-day bitches that EVERYONE has, I have a great life. It's nothing spectacular. It's definately not what I thought it was going to be, but maybe that makes it better.

I have a full-time job that I went to school for, that pays me enough that I'm slowing paying off debt and putting a little of it in the bank. I can take vacations and buy nice things. I'm toying with the idea of maybe going back to school in a few years.

This time last year, I had been living with Felix for just over three short months, and now, a year later, we're still going strong and madly and happily in love. I don't stress over the things I used to...like: "What if he hates living with me?" or "What if this doesn't work?". We've settled into that comfortableness that may not always be butterflies-inducing and exciting, but wonderful at the same time. He's my best friend and I still get excited to see him when he gets home. We rarely fight, and every single day I thank God that I have him.

I have wonderful friends who mean more and more to me as I get older, and I appreciate and enjoy every moment I get to spend with them. A few of them are having kids now, and it's amazing to see how everyone's lives are turning out.

I feel as though I'm closer to my family than I have ever been before. I talk to my mom at LEAST once a day, I see them as much as I can. I have the most ADORABLE nephew ever known to man (Here's a picture to break up the long monotony of this blog):

I have a great relationship with my sister (or so I hope!) Morgan, and I'm thankful for having such a wonderful family that I've managed to stay close to.

My weeks are filled with a comfortable routine that I've come to relish, my weekends are full of family, friends, and fun. I really don't have too much stress in my life, and if at this time next year my life is the same as it is now? I'll be just as happy and content.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These are the words that every mom is happy to hear. I am thrilled that you have a life that you enjoy and embrace. I listened to your college dreams of the fast paced lifestyle in " the big city" and prayed you would find what you were looking for even if it drew you far away...our reality is far more wonderful. I love that at 7am each day (well Monday thru Friday) I can expect that phone to ring. (You are a lazy @ss if you sleep any later than that anyway!! lol) You are my best friend.. unless you happen to need a mommy and that always takes priority. I don't have that with my mom and I miss it. Remember you are my soul child.

love, mom
yes I am crying!!!