Friday, September 11, 2009

Fit Friday!!!

Ughhhhh I've been boycotting healthy stuff the last week or so, and am just now getting back into my routine.

My work schedule was sooo messed up, I wasn't sleeping, and then I'd eat crap because I didn't have any will power, and wasn't exercising (is it just me or do you seem to eat healthier the days you work out as well?). So I just started feeling lazy and rundown. BUT-the good news is, the scale has stayed the same, which is a HUGE surprise, because I felt for sure I had gained.

Speaking of the scale, Steph and I had an interesting chat (via unlimited texts) yesterday about the scale.

My heart literally starts HAMMERING before I step on it. She's terrified of it. Why do we let a friggin' number have so much influence on us? I know my mom waits all week to weigh herself, and her mood for the rest of the day depends on how much that scale moved. It's sick, really. We all know muscle is more dense than fat, so we might weigh more if we're building muscle, but really? that fact doesn't pop into our minds if we've been working their ass off for a week and the scale doesn't move. We're all obsessed with that number getting smaller and smaller. And I really don't think that will go away...although I am learning to not beat myself up over not losing. If I'm eating healthy and working out, I know I'm only doing something good for myself.

After hopping back on the workout/eating right bandwagon the last few days, I feel like a million bucks.

Now, I can't wait to go to Steph's tomorrow to eat at the Cheesecake Factory at Southside Works, arguably one of the MOST ridiculously bad restaurants ever. Ha! Guess I don't care about that number on the scale THAT much!!

That's it for Fit Friday this week. I have nothing. I'm still so rundown from lack of sleep this week, I'm not into internet research for anything more exciting. I'll try to be back on track next week, although my work schedule is only going to get crazier through the end of September and through October.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey I did not lose or gain this week..I think for the same reason you didn't. Wacky schedule, etc. I am fine with that. next week is another story, lol. Eat something really delish for me at the "Factory". See you tonight. FOOTBALL!!!!!!! Hope it doesn't rain.

love, mom

Anonymous said...

Oh yea..B R A D Y !!! Need my grandbaby fix!!

love, g-ma