Thursday, September 3, 2009

Wal*Mart B*tch Slap!

Ok, so we've all been there. Walking through Wal*Mart, minding our own business, when the incessant screaming of a child is enough to make us lose our minds. I think we've all thought to ourselves, "That kid needs SMACKED!"

Well, this dude in Georgia did just that. To someone ELSE'S kid.


Here's the story:

STONE MOUNTAIN, Ga. (AP) _ Police say a 61-year-old man annoyed with a crying 2-year-old girl at a Walmart slapped the child several times after warning the toddler's mother to keep her quiet. A police report says after the stranger hit the girl at least four times, he said: ``See, I told you I would shut her up.''
Roger Stephens of Stone Mountain is charged with felony cruelty to children. It was unclear if hehad an attorney and a telephone call to his home Wednesday was unanswered. Authorities say the girl and her mother were shopping Monday when the toddler began crying. The police report says Stephens approached the mother and said, ``If you don't shut that baby up, I
will shut her up for you.'' Authorities say after Stephens slapped the girl, she began
screaming.

Now, this dude looks like a scary, mean old man. And he hit the kid like, four times. So that's innappropriate. BUT- wouldn't it be kinda funny if it was like a nice, old grandpa-looking guy, who swatted the kid on the butt? Seriously. I'd laugh.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

In theory we all understand where he is coming from....whiny Walmart kids are the worse!! However, we all know as well that 2 year olds whine and do NOT deserve to be slapped. Disciplined and paid attention to, but not slapped. I am lucky since you all did not do the public whining too much.. run through and scream," but it's free" in a frenzied and excited voice. But no whining!

love, mom

L said...

I heard the story but hadn't seen the guys picture yet. Cratchity old man!

I'm glad you're down for the no dining out thing in Oct. I will make a FB page and get on that. I guess if DD lattes are just a drink, they aren't technically food, so I guess they wouldn't count. I got myself off the daily espresso train after grad school, so I'm onto tea. If you really want to challenge yourself, you could try to go without them for a month. Either way, I'm excited to keep the challenges going!

L said...

Also, Feb may just work for the "no booze month challenge". With a free pass on Vday if we find ourselves depressed...in which case we should probably just road trip it to either of our places and drink together! Another FB group is in the works.

L said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Wow, you got a post that needed to be deleted? Call me, ha!

love, mom

Patrick said...

"As told by Ash" should release a calendar series that tells all of the girls of the world what they're not allowed to enjoy for those 30 days. ie: no dining out, no drinking, no enjoying your muscles in a non-constant state of pain.

I'd buy one, just to know what you're suffering from that given month.