Sunday, September 6, 2009

Weekend Recap.

This holiday weekend has been exhausting, and it's not even over yet! Here's what I've been up to the last few days:
**Worked all night Thursday night until 7 am Friday morning. The Midday producer called off, so I stayed to produce that show until 11am. Went straight from work to the Canfield Fair to work at our tent (we get extra vacation days for working it). Worked at the fair until 1:00, came home, took a MUCH needed nap. Felix woke me up after 3 hours to go get dinner with him and Talia. We went to Chili's, came home, I took a shower, packed my stuff, and drove to my mom's house. FINALLY went to bed around 11:pm Friday night.
***Saturday it was up at 6:30 am to get ready for our yard sale. To my dismay, I realized my mom doesn't have a coffee pot. Drove into Brookville (A 15 minute drive...that's country livin' for ya. Not used to it since Dunkin' Donuts is literally 2 minutes away from me) to McDonald's to buy coffee. Came home, mom and I worked our asses off (I wish I meant that literally) to set up for this yard sale...proceeded to sit outside for the next 7 or so hours, selling our crap. Felix and Talia came down for a few hours and for dinner (dad made steaks on the grill...fantastic dinner and I didn't have to pay/ cook!! SCORE!). Finally took a shower. By the time we all settled down, it was 10 o'clock and I couldn't keep my eyes open. Slept until 7:30 this morning, went back in for coffee at McDonald's, back out to the house to set up yard sale stuff YET AGAIN. By then it was 9:30, hurried up and got dressed, drove into Brookville AGAIN, got gas and a snack, went to Nicole's to meet her new little boy Adrian (adorable, by the way), left there at 11:30 and drove back to Ohio. EXHAUSTING few days, to say the least! But- It was worth it. I made $120 bucks at the yard sale, and I came home to these as a surprise from Felix and Talia:


Just out of the blue! For no reason. I must be doing something right!

Now, the nightmare isn't over. I'm off to sleep for a few hours, then it's off to work all night again. Working till 7, coming home and napping until 11:30 a.m, back out to the Canfield Fair until 5 pm, then back here to nap again before another night of work!

Whew! I've been dreading the busy-ness of this weekend for a month now, but it's almost over! And it was great to actually spend some time with my mom and sis without being rushed to go somewhere else. Definately worth the hustle and bustle, but I'm not gonna lie when I say I will be RELIEVED when this long holiday weekend is over!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well I felt too busy as well, but your schedule sounds even worse! I knew you were hoppin', but when you write it out like that...yikes!!!

love, mom

p.s., you totally deserve those flowers. They are lucky to have you AND you are lucky to have them.

Patrick said...

I work 50-60 hours a week, and you did more in your time off than I've done in the last month.