Friday, November 6, 2009

Brilliant!

I have the BEST idea to get more people to read my blog.

A month or so ago, I signed up for StatCounter. It's a free service, and all it does is track the users that visit your website (Ashley Stalkers, don't you worry, I can't see WHERE you're stalking me from or how many times a day you visit As Told By Ash, it's just like a visitor counter that also shows what entry is the most read...so go ahead and continue stalking. It makes me feel important).

Anyway, a few days a go, I posted the Serenity Prayer. After I did that, the "clicks" on my page went from like 15 or 20 a day to an average of 200 a day!

Are you catching onto my idea?

So what that means is this: If I keep putting words in my blog that people will google...say, "Kate Gosselin" or "H1N1 Deaths", I really feel like I can boost my readership!

Thoughts?
Oh yes, today is Friday, which means an update on the Couch to 5K program. I JUST finished week two yesterday. Still a piece of cake. And though I'm really trying to stick with the pace of the program, I'm finding myself running more than the program recommends.
Week 3 is a little tougher, though. Run 90 seconds, walk 90 seconds, run 3 minutes, walk 3 minutes, and repeat for 25 minutes. Still pretty easy, but at least it's getting a little tougher. It's easy physically, but running with me is all mental. I like this plan because as long as I'm sticking to their recommendations, I can't get down on myself when I can't force myself to run for an hour without getting out of breath.
Have a good weekend, everyone!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, good idea...you can insert interesting and shocking phrases into your blog and then draw in the freaks!! lol

love, mom

Patrick said...

Your mom's right. This is like cheating. You're going to bring in some incredibly creepy people that know nothing about you and are just creeping. With that said, if any of you new creepers read this, follow me on Twitter at @PatMuldowney, Facebook www.facebook.com/patmuldowney, or MySpace, www.myspace.com/patrickmichael24.

I'm single. Nice to meet you in advance.

Patrick said...

I lied, it's actually www.facebook.com/patrickmuldowney. The other one is some kid who's way less attractive than me. Don't get us confused.