Tuesday, November 10, 2009

What Happened to All My Money?

I found a new apartment yesterday. It's ok. It's not like, spectacularly nice, but for $395 a month plus electric and cable? I can't really say no. It's about as nice as our townhouse is now, just way smaller. I figured I'd be putting out about the same amount of money a month as I am now, paying rent plus utilities, and that's what I was aiming for.
Sure, I could probably afford a nicer place, but I don't want to have to sit at home on the weekends because I don't have any money to go out with friends. It is what it is. I don't want to have to go back to coin laundry, but people have had to do alot worse, so I'm not going to complain.
It's crazy how fast this is all happening. I go Saturday morning to sign a 6-month lease and put down my deposit. Felix is going tomorrow to look at places. We're both staying with the same rental company, but I'm thinking he'll pick a townhouse that's a few blocks away (with my encouragement), so at least I can't look out my window and see his place. Now THAT would be rough!
Last night, I went to Lyz and Weyman's after I got off work. They cooked me spicy sausage alfredo sausage. It was DELICIOUS. Lyz and I also had a couple glasses of wine and watched Gossip Girl. She's turning out to be a really great friend, and I'm glad I have her. She and Weyman (her boyfriend, also Felix's friend, which is how we met) never make me feel like the third wheel, they're just such good people. If I ever decide to leave Youngstown, there are a lot of friends I'll be very sad to leave. Ok, enough mush. It's time to go get ready for work and start my day.
The plan is to work until 6:30, then head to the gym to do Couch to 5K, then make it home in time to watch The Biggest Loser!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What happened to all my money? Where does it all go? Why do we only get to have it for such a short time? These are questions bigger than both of us,hon.

love, mom

L said...

Three things:

1. I'm glad you found a place.
2. I can't believe how much I pay in rent compared to yousr.
3. If you ever want to party like you did in college, you know where to find me.

Anonymous said...

Please do not discuss "college partying" in front of the mom!

love, mom