Friday, November 13, 2009

It's Official.

...I signed my lease and put my deposit down on a new apartment. I can get the keys and start moving December 1st. WEIRD.

My new apartment isn't TERRIBLE, but it sure isn't fantastic. There are a few pros: New tile in the kitchen, new carpet, and it's small so it won't be too hard to keep clean (But it IS bigger than my old apartment on the west side above Marie's house!).

There are also some cons. For example, I have two of these accent walls. One in the kitchen, one in the living room. This is a close-up:


I'm sure this was "in" when the apartments were built, somewhere around 1954. But really? Who wants that on their wall?! I just thank God it's only on two walls, not the entire apartment. I'd throw up! I just feel like they could've left well enough alone and just left the drywall, but then again, I'm not interior designer.

I made sure I got a place on the second floor, because all the apartments have big sliding glass doors in the living room, and I really didn't want to feel like someone was creeping around outside, trying to see in my window. That means I have a balcony (pro), but the view sucks (con).


I don't even get a carport, cause I was too cheap to pay 15 extra bucks a month. But I figure I have a remote car starter, so if I start it early enough, the snow will (hopefully) just melt off. I'm kind of excited about living alone again. (I mean, the circumstances SUCK, and I'd much rather just stay where I am with Felix, but that obviously ain't happenin', so I'm trying to make the best out of a shitty situation.) I lived alone for two years before I met Felix, and while it gets lonely, it's wonderful not to be living with someone just so they can pay half the rent. So there ya have it, folks. It's Friday the 13th, too. How fitting.

2 comments:

steph said...

Truth be told I hate living with rich sometimes... can't wait to see the new place and you! Duh.

KC Kinney said...

Aww Ashley-

Look at this as a new beginning...a journey to look forward to! I know that sounded really gay and certainly didn't make you feel any better.

But still I love the sounds of your new place. And once you begin to fill those pukey walls with the Ashley touch they'll soon be your most favorite!

Good luck!