Sunday, November 15, 2009

Weekend Recap.

All things considering, this wasn't a bad weekend. It was actually pretty normal. Here's a rundown...although it was pretty uneventful and boring.

Friday.
Since I was on dayshift, I didn't get out of work until just before 7:00 pm. Came home and Felix and Talia were watching tv, and they had brought me home Belleria (Cavatelli and meatballs...one of my favorites!!). So, I stuffed my face, then we all relaxed and watched the Disney movie "Up". It was REALLY cute, and of course, I cried. Figures- It's about a man who's wife dies and he sets out to do what they always said they would. I'm a sucker for that kind of storyline. After the movie was over, Talia went to bed, and I went upstairs to catch up on some television (I have ALOT to watch before Armstrong comes and gets our DVR's in a few weeks!) I fell asleep around 10:30 and slept like a baby.

Saturday.
I was on a mission to find new bedroom furniture, and succeeded! 6 months, no interest, same as cash. That means my income tax will be going solely towards a new bed, mattress set, chest, dresser, and mirror. But at least I don't have to worry about bedroom furniture now, and it's one less thing I have to worry about moving because they'll deliver it to my new apartment on December 5th. I've never had a new mattress before, either. They've always been hand-me-downs, so I'm kind of excited for it. I may need to take back the new comforter set I bought, though. The finish on the wood of the bedroom set is a mixture of deep cherry and a dark espresso, so I'm not sure it'll match. Anyway- with the bedroom furniture ordered, that means all the major items I need for my new apartment are taken care of, except a microwave.
***sidenote***to prove how well Felix and I are getting along through this: We have a huge vase that we throw our change in. On Friday, I asked him to cash it in to see how much was there, and then we'd split it. We had $80, and he gave it all to me so I can buy a microwave since the one we have is his. See? He's a nice guy.
After I picked out furniture and set it up to be delivered (We still haven't told Talia about everything, so she and Felix went to Target to kill some time while I did what I had to do), we headed over to the mall to get some ice cream, then went to the movies and say "A Christmas Carol". It was ok- but I guess since I've known the story since I was little, I was less than impressed. After the movie we came home and I made lasagna and garlic bread. We stuffed ourselves on a late dinner and then hung out the rest of the night. When Talia went up to watch TV in her room, I headed to the bedroom to watch TV and Felix played some sort of video game downstairs. The whole situation could be a lot worse than what it is. I'm not sure HOW or WHY Felix and I are getting along so well through this whole thing, but we are, and I'm thankful for it.

Sunday.
It's back to night shift tonight, so my plan is to hit up the grocery store, then take a nap to get my schedule flipped back around. Exciting day, I know.

Tomorrow it's back to the gym full-time and eating healthy. I've definately let myself go the last month or so, and I'm starting to feel it. The jeans are getting a little snug, and I just FEEL crappy. I've let myself be pathetic for long enough, it's time to get it together!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have been rather lax myself. Not being horrible but not dedicated. I have been doing better but tomorrow it is time to get back with the program. I know I will feel better!!!!

love, mom