Sunday, November 22, 2009

Weekend Recap.

Friday.
New. Moon. Premiere.
All the ladies at WFMJ have been counting down to this day...well, since the Twilight movie came out. Yes, it sounds ridiculous, grown women awaiting the opening of a movie definately aimed towards tween girls...BUT -- at least with me -- it's more about the books than it is the movie. I thought Twilight sucked. New Moon sucked, too. BUT- the books were awesome, and it's always fun to have a girls night. And it's even more fun to have a theme for girls night. So, 5 of us went to dinner, then headed to the theater for the 10:00 pm showing. I thought, since we were staying in Austintown, it wouldn't be CRAZY packed. I was wrong. Sally and I had stopped to load up on snacks at Walgreens, so we were even behind the other ladies in line. But the people at the theater didn't really think it through too well. As soon as they started letting all these screaming girls into the theater, Sally and I just simply blended into the mob scene and we probably with the first 50 people in the theater. Like I said, movie sucked. Sally yelled at me for texting during the end...such a mom thing to do. But that's ok:) After the movie, the other girls went home and Sally and I decided to meet a couple guy friends at this new "club" that had opened up near our houses. Wrong idea. one look at all the teenybopping slutty girls, we quickly drank our ONE beer and headed home to bed. It made me feel old. I just can't do that stuff anymore. Ick. I felt dirty.


Saturday.
My original plan on Saturday was to do nothing. I wanted to go to the gym and then come home and start packing. But, Jody called and I ended up driving to Pittsburgh to stay at her place for the night. We ate dinner at Bravo, rented a movie, and had a total fat girl night on her couch...eating ice cream and drinking wine. She fell asleep on the couch at like, 10:00, I finished the movie and was in bed by midnight. I was woken up around 2:00 am by the Connecticut crew leaving me four voicemails, rapping and singing and generally being awesome. I loved it. I have truly awesome, amazing friends.


Sunday.
I woke up at Jody's around 7:00, took a shower, got ready and hopped in the car to head to my parents house. My brother and his wife, Jackie were bringing their son Brady to my parent's house. He was born in February and I've only seen him twice, so I had to go home to check out the little guy. He most definately did NOT disappoint. He's the cutest kid ever. Maybe I'm biased, but he definately ranks up there in the cuteness department. After a few hours, I headed back up to Y-town, watched the tail-end of the Steelers lose to Kansas City (lame), and then laid down for a nap. Now it's off to work...but at least I only have a 3-day week! I took Thanksgiving off for the first time since I've lived here. I was originally going to Chicago with Felix to meet his sisters, but obviously that ain't happenin', but it's kind of a blessing in disguise because it'll be nice to spend it with my mom and dad and Morgan.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Way to leave all the family drama!! Thanks, lol

love, mom