Friday, October 30, 2009

Couch to 5K Friday.

I started the Couch to 5K running program over again this week, since last week was so crazy with Felix's appendicitis.

Week one consists of walking on the treadmill for 5 minutes, then alternating 1 minute of jogging with 1minute 30 seconds of walking, for 25 minutes.

I gotta admit, week one was too easy. I'm in better shape than that, but I want to follow the program so I don't end up over doing it. I did extend the jogging on a few intervals though.

Next week is 90 seconds of jogging then two minutes of walking. So far, this is SOOO easy, but I know in a few weeks I'll be hurting!

I'm also going to add in a few classes at my new gym next week. I've been scoping them out all week, and they don't look like anything I can't handle.

Here's to week 2!!

2 comments:

L said...

Way to go ash! There's a Jingle All the Way 10K that I may do in Dec. I need to find a couch to 10K to start half way through. Keep up the good work. Dine in for Oct....bust! I'll try to help keep you motivated with you running.

Anonymous said...

Well I gained a half of a pound. So I will walk away the pounds at least 5 days a week for November.

love, mom