Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Puppies & Rainbows

My weeks of dayshift bliss are officially coming to an end, a full TWO WEEKS before expected. The producer who was off is coming back early. While I'm glad he's ok, I'm severely depressed that I have to go back to overnights.

I was talking to my mom yesterday on my way home, and I told her about how it's one thing if I knew I only had to do overnights for the next year or two, then I'd be on a better shift. It's another to realize there is absolutely NO room for advancement in your company. And finding a job in Youngstown that pays me what I earn now, plus 3+ weeks paid vacation and weekends off? You may as well laugh in my face right now!


It also tends to make me a tad bitter towards Felix, because I like to think HE'S the reason I'm staying in Youngstown. So, naturally, it's HIS fault. So instead of enjoying my last few days of having a normal life with him, I'm grumpy. Not to mention he has no idea how to make me feel better and saying, "at least you have a job" doesn't cut it.


Am I bitching? Yes. Do I care? No. It's my blog. Go read someone else's if you want puppies and rainbows and cheer.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I still say give Felix a good punch..it will probably make you feel better! lol

love, mom

Labor of Love(lace) said...

Where did you find a picture of my yet-to-be tattooed, tattoo??'


cheer up, buttercup