Thursday, October 1, 2009

Just a Reminder...

Today is October 1st. I have officially posted a blog EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. since May 1st. That's five months of blogging.

Let's recap for readers (the whole 5 of you out there...) what I'm doing. It's very simple. I'm blogging every day for a year. Just to see if I can do it. I've managed so far, even when Felix and I went to the beach this summer..I still blogged. Crazy? Some would say. But it's not as crazy as the lady who has decided to cook in her crockpot every day for a year.

Today is October 1st.

It also means our challenge for the month of October begins today...which is: No eating out. "Dine in for October", as Laura has aptly named it. The challenge is simple. Don't eat out the entire month of October. And guess what I did? I'm an idiot and somehow thought September has 31 days. I'm going out to dinner with two fine ladies from work tonight, and I'm not going to bail. There's more of a story to it, but yeah, I'm cheating on the first day of the challenge. It pisses me off, too because Felix is in this with me, and we've already planned all our meals for the weekend with Talia and Morgan (Tacos and lasagna. Kid friendly. Even with picky eaters. Which Talia and Morgan BOTH are)...and then I go and f*ck it up by forgetting how many days are in September!!

This has nothing to do with October, but it does have something to do with blogging. Sometimes, when I find out people at work are reading my blog, I get really, really self conscious. Like, I think they're all gathered around a computer reading my posts, and laughing and making fun of me and thinking "Who does she think she is? Blogging for a year? WHAT A DORK!" (Trust me, if you knew some of the people I work with, you might worry about this too) But I guess that comes with the territory of putting myself out there in the blogosphere, right? It's another reason why I don't write about anything TOO personal, or anything about work (I also don't write about work because I'm fairly certain I would somehow manage to get myself fired, and I pay $400 a month in student loans, people. I NEED this job).

Anyway, does anyone think I'm paranoid for thinking my blog could possibly someday be the center of a workplace ridicule session? I mean, I KNOW it happens, I've PARTICIPATED in them. So why am I blogging if I'm worried people are going to make fun of me? Ugh. I have issues.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eh...who cares what people say. Especially at work, well, except for the guy who signs the paychecks. Wait I sign the pay checks for him. Nah, don't care. But I'm crazy that way. There are only a few people whose opinion I value. Yes, you are one of them. However. since I'm your mom, I truly don't worry too much. You seem fond of me, lol. Warts and all. Hey Morgan has a wart!

love, mom

steph said...

hey crazy.. you're thinking too much! love ya!

Unknown said...

Over thinking. I'm the only one at work who reads it, so I officially resent that assumption :) But I can gather people around to make fun of you for something else if you'd like...