Friday, October 9, 2009

My World of Make Believe Has Been Extended!

This week has been GREAT. (Except for the fact that Felix is highly irritated with this change of schedule. He doesn't do well with change and he's not acting too thrilled about me being on day shift. He says it's because he just started 10 hour days and he's not used to sleeping with me every night so he has to get used to it AND he's grumpy because he's been waking up at 4 am to go to the gym and work out BEFORE driving a half hour to work to work a 10-hour shift. Does it hurt my feelings he's not as thrilled with this change of schedule as I am? Yes. Am I maybe being a little too selfish and sensitive by not seeing that he's trying to get used to a new work shift as well? Probably. Will we both get over it? Yes. If not, he can suck it.)
ANYWAY, I digress.
Day shift so far is HEAVENLY, as I said in an earlier post. Last night, I went out for dinner with girls from work, and had a few Corona's BECAUSE I COULD. It's the little things that make me happy.
In more good news? I have an entire extra week now of day shift! Possibly 2 more if the schedule gets changed today like I think it might. That's at LEAST 3 weeks of day shift total, with a possibility of 4. I'm ecstatic! At this point, I'm pretty sure the news director could be screaming at me and slamming my head against the wall and I'd still have a goofy, happy grin on my face.
In even MORE good news? Leah is leaving the world of being "funemployed" (as she likes to call it) and has found a brand new job! Congratulations!