Tuesday, October 20, 2009

A Little Bit of This, A Little Bit of That.

I'm officially back on overnights, and it's not as bad as I thought. Sure, lawnmowers woke me up at noon on Monday, and I only managed 6 hours of sleep before I couldn't lay in bed anymore, but I'm hoping the cooler weather will make it easier to sleep during the day. Plus, I missed my work crew, so it was good to be reunited again with the morning show. I'm going to make the best of it, at least until I win the lottery or make millions from writing my book.

Speaking of "my book", most of you know my Big Goal In Life is to have a book published someday (Preferably a NY Times Bestseller, but I'm not going to be picky). I've decided that as soon as I hit the one year mark blogging on As Told By Ash, I'll start writing my book. That means I have until May 1st of 2010 to prepare. I have several books on HOW to write books, how to find an agent, and how to get published. For those of you who may doubt me, I'm serious about this.

I'm also serious about running a 5K, and yesterday began my Couch to 5K program. What was once "Fit Fridays" on As Told By Ash, will now be an update of my couch to 5K program. Thankfully, Steph and Andrea have also decided to join me on this challenge! More details on Friday.

Lately I've been kind of a whiner, feeling sorry for myself and complaining about things in my life that might never happen that I thought someday would, or focusing on the things in my life I DON'T like instead of focusing on how lucky I am to lead the life I do. So, the only option is to change what I'm not happy about, or change my mind about how I feel. I saw this quote yesterday and it really inspired me:

"The truth is that our finest moments are most likely to occur when we are feeling deeply uncomfortable, unhappy, or unfulfilled. For it is only in such moments, propelled by our discomfort, that we are likely to step out of our ruts and start searching for different ways or truer answers."

No comments: