Sunday, October 25, 2009

Weekend Recap.

Friday
Felix was still sore from his surgery, so originally we were just going to stay home, but he was getting a little stir-crazy so we went to an afternoon showing of "Paranormal Activity". This movie got a lot of hype, and I wasn't thoroughly impressed, or so I thought. We went to bed early and I woke up at 3 am absolutely TERRIFIED that a demon was in my house, trying to get me. I had to pee really bad, but stayed in bed until it got light outside before I would get up. Felix can't lay any other way except on his back, so when I woke up shaking with fright, all he could really do was pat my leg and say, "no more scary movies for you!" So, so true!!

Saturday.
Steph and Rich came up for the day/night and arrived around 2:00. Basically as soon as they walked in the door, Steph and I were back out to head to Boardman for a little shopping. She wanted to find some boots for NYC in December. She found some boots, and I found an awesome purple trench coat at Target marked down to $19.98, and a few long-sleeved tees. When we got together in September, we planned that this time around Steph and I would cook Felix and Rich a big dinner, because we both like cooking, and men like eating. We had the entire menu planned around Mexican cuisine, because that seemed to be the general consensus that everyone agreed on. Our menu included:

Appetizer: Antojitos Minis (little mexican pizzas made with black beans, tomatoes, red peppers, onions, chili powder, and cheese all piled up on tiny tortillas)
Entree: Chipotle Shrimp Taco with Avocado Salsa Verde (grilled shrimp in olive oil and chipotle powder with a guacomole-type topping)
Side dish: Bean dip and whole grain Tostitos (Felix and Rich seemed to like this the best, and it was the easiest. A jar of Tostitos cheese dip mixed up with a can of refried beans. Zapped in the microwave. Go figure!)
Dessert: Tres Leche Cake. Steph and I LOVED this. Here's a pic of what was left by the time I came to work tonight:

Here are some more pictures from the evening:

Steph and Rich brought Felix a "Get Well" gift. A card and like, a 5 pound bag of peanut M&M's...his favorite!

Steph and I modeling our aprons. It was a joke at first, but I'm going to use mine regularly! Steph said she was bringing hers, so we stopped at Bed Bath and Beyond and bought one for me! It saved ALOT of mess from getting on my shirt and pants. Plus, I think the guys kinda liked them.
This is was what Felix and Rich did while Steph and I cooked. Not sure what they were watching here, but they were watching Transformers 2 earlier in the day (worst movie ever). Those two totally have a bromance going on, and they freely admit it.

Steph and I had a few beverages while we cooked dinner. Yes, that's Steph whipping up egg yolks together in a wok. I didn't have any more big bowls.
After dinner we played some board games and had a few more drinks, then relaxed and watched a little Jeff Dunham on Comedy Central. Went to bed around 1:00 a.m.
Sunday.
Woke up and had some coffee and cookies for breakfast...and Steph and I had a few more bites of cake. Then while Rich and Felix watched Sports Center or whatever it is guys watch, Steph and I mapped out our three days in New York City. I won't go into details, but the trip includes a visit to the bakery in New Jersey featured in the TLC show "Cake Boss", the Metropolitan Museum of Art, Tao for sushi, Rockefeller Center for ice skating, the Christmas Spectacular at Radio City Music Hall, and of course, a stop at Tiffany's. Can't wait! I love having Steph and Rich over. We have so much fun with them, even if it's just drinking a few beers and playing board games. I'm so glad Steph and I kept in touch like we did after college. I feel like we're better friends now than when we were in school.
After Steph and Rich left, Felix and I lounged around for awhile, then I went to the grocery store and came back and took a nap before work. Now, I'm sitting in the newsroom typing this, and I have a TON of work to do, but HAD to get this posted before midnight!
I guess in a few hours I'll post a "Happy Music Monday" when I get some downtime and think of a song.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a wonderful weekend...I worked.

love, mom