Sunday, October 18, 2009

Weekend Recap.

Friday.
Talia came Thursday night because she didn't have school Friday for some reason, and Felix had Friday off, too (The reason for this? Since Monday was Columbus Day and he already has Monday's off, the prison gave him Friday off, so he could get the government holiday. Absurd!!!).
Anyway, Friday was my last day on the 6pm news, so I got home around 7 pm Friday night. Felix had chinese food waiting, so I gobbled down some sesame chicken and an egg roll. I'm trying to remember what we did after that, but my mind is blanking. I know I went to bed at 9:30 because I was POOPED. (I'm still convinced I've spent the last two weeks "catching up" on all the crap sleep I've had in the last four years.)
Saturday.
Woke up at 6:30 (umm, still got 9 hours of sleep because I went to bed so early before). Saturday was a big day. Felix and I both got remote car starters installed in our cars. The plan was this: Drop ONE of the cars off at 10 am, then they'd call us when it was done, and we'd pick up one car and drop the other off. So, we figured we could kill 3 hours in Boardman. We went to Old Navy, where I spend 45 dollars on 2 thermal shirts and a scarf, then we hit up Target, where I purchased some black "Ugg"-type boots. Super comfy, super soft, super stylish...and only $22 compared to REAL Uggs, that I priced at $119. After Target, I realized that I would just KEEP spending money (which I didn't need to do considering I was dropping $285 on a remote car starter) if we kept killing time, so we went out for lunch. Talia picked the destination, so we hit up the redneck-style-yet-still-ghetto Golden Corral. For those not familiar with Golden Corral, it's a HUGE buffet of all kinds of horrible food...all for under 10 bucks. So I'm sure you can imagine what kind of people frequent a place like that. It wasn't too bad, though. After lunch, my car STILL wasn't done, so we drove back to Austintown, and stopped at an all Women's gym close to our house, so I could investigate. (I loved my last gym, but once I moved in with Felix I realized I couldn't make myself drive 15 minutes to work out. Had to find some place closer). I ended up buying a month trial membership because the aerobics room ROCKS. It has cushy floors!!! For anyone whose knees hurt when you work out, you realize the awesomeness that is the cushy-floored aerobics floor. Plus, it had treadmills (duh). My new goal is to complete the Couch to 5K program for several reasons. 1. I've never been able to run maybe more than a mile without quitting because I hate it so much, so it's a personal goal for me, 2. I want to run the local Peace Race next October, and 3. I gotta switch up my workout and I need a goal, so this sounds perfect!
Anyway- After I signed up at the gym, the car STILL wasn't done, so we went home. Of course, we were there for 20 minutes, and the place called to come get my car. Sooo, back to Boardman we went. Dropped off Felix's car, picked up mine, and went to see Where the Wild Things Are. I was totally disappointed. It was so weird because I LOVED the characters, LOVED the way they looked and talked, but the plot SUCKED. I guess it's hard to turn a 12 page book into an hour and a half movie. The reaction of people at the theater was weird, too. Usually people start talking about what they liked/disliked, but with this movie everyone just kind of sat there for a few minutes like, "huh? Is this it?" Then, one guy finally broke the silence by saying, "Wow, an entire movie about absolutely nothing", and everyone started cracking up. I feel like I spent an entire hour and a half waiting for a plot to begin, and then it was over.
After that, Felix's car was done, so we picked it up and went home. Felix grilled cheeseburgers on the grill, I made some fries in the oven (Ore-Ida Extra Crispy Potato Wedges are THE BOMB). After dinner, it was like 7:30 and we were all pooped from running around all day. We plopped ourselves in front of the television and found one of my favorite movies on HBO: No Reservations with Abigail Breslyn and Catherine Zeta-Jones. It was over at 10pm, and once again I was exhausted. Went to bed and woke up about 45 minutes ago. Ten hours of glorious sleep!
Sunday.
Now, Talia is still sleeping, Felix is at the gym, and I'm about to jump in the shower. It's back to overnights tonight, so I gotta get all my stuff done so I can take a nap this afternoon. NOT looking forward to it, but I'm KIND OF looking forward to getting back on my schedule. I'm a routine kind of girl, and two weeks is not long enough on one shift to find a routine.
Wow. That was a really long blog about NOTHING.
ps- Coffee-Mate has come out with their holiday coffee creamers. Our fridge is stocked with Cinnamon Bun, Pumpkin Spice, Gingerbread, and Peppermint Mocha. Trust me, the Peppermint Mocha is DIVINE.

2 comments:

Steph said...

i love the peppermint mocha. it's yummmm!!!!

boo for overnights. but i'm excited to see you in week! :)

Anonymous said...

Welcome back to the morning show! Now at least I'll know I won't be the only one awake at 3:00 a.m. (well, 6:00 your time) haha...

-Andrea