Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Face is STILL Exploding.

Around two or three months ago, I wrote about going to the dermatologist and how I thought he was an idiot.

Two months later, my face still looks horrific (thank God for makeup), and a new dermatologist has confirmed my old dermatologists idiocy.

I finally went to the "good" derm that everyone recommends. I didn't go to her before because it was impossible to get an appointment, and then when I finally had one, I accidentally missed it.

So, I go in and she asked me what my former doctor had prescribed. After I told her, she said: "Are you sure?!" and I told her yes, I was sure, because I knew she was going to ask and I doublechecked before I went. Turns out (at least in her opinion), my doctor wasn't prescribing me enough of an antibiotic to actually get RID of the acne, but just enough of an antibiotic to bring all the bacteria to the surface. Causing more acne. Which is why my face actually got WORSE.

Awesome.

I am now on a new antibiotic called Solodyn, which gets both rave and horrible reviews online. Either my skin is going to be AMAZING in eight weeks, or all my hair is going to fall out and my kidneys are going to fail.

Oh, the things we do for beauty.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Let's go with the amazing skin option!

love, mom