Wednesday, March 3, 2010

My Mom is the Best.

My mom sent me a card in the mail the other day. You know those long, skinny cards you know immediately are going to make you cry? Yup, it was one of those. This is what it said (and I hope she doesn't get mad at me for putting something personal she gave me on this blog...but SHE didn't write it, so I think it's ok):

Daughter,
You're an original.
You have your own special way
of doing things,
expressing your needs,
looking at the world.
I've always loved that about you.
By being who you are,
you bring excitement to life.
You stand by your own values,
view life from your own fresh perspective,
and invigorate the people around you.
From the very first,
I've admired you,
enjoyed and been so proud of you,
And as the years go by,
my love for you only grows deeper-
my honest, amazing, truly original daughter.


Is that not he GREATEST card ever?? And if she even means a LINE of that, it's worth it and makes me happy. Thanks mom for making my day. I love you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I did too write that! Well I would have if I was a good writer, I MEANT all of it though..

love, mom