Wednesday, March 31, 2010

It's Working! (At Least for Now)

Most of you have heard me bitch, whine, and moan about how I believe my overnight shift makes it harder to lose weight because it effs up my metabolism. I still maintain that reasoning, BUT I think I may have found something that works! Or, at least, a multitude of things that work.

Here is my new routine: I bought a dry erase board calendar that I hung up on my wall. I write my workouts down EVERY DAY. That way, I can look and see that I didn't work out Friday, Saturday, or Sunday. OR I can see I worked out five days in a row. It's really been motivating me! Also, I went back to logging my calories on LIVESTRONG . I've been trying to stick to around 1400 calories, and just make smarter choices on the weekends, although I'm not going to beat myself up for an occassional splurge. ALSO- and I think THIS is key-- I started adding two mile walks in addition to my workout DVD's. So, I wake up, drink some coffee, eat breakfast, walk two miles, then come back home and do an hour long workout.

So, doing ALL of this stuff has currently put me at a weight I haven't seen since I went on vacation to Virginia Beach in August. I'm pretty proud of myself! And I feel awesome!

Steph and I have also done a really great job of encouraging each other and checking in with each other daily...It's nice to have someone on your side cheering you on, even if it's via text!

Plus, I just saw last night on the biggest loser that some dude lost 400 POUNDS ALL BY HIMSELF. He wasn't even on the show! The show just inspired him! If someone can motivate themselves to lose FOUR HUNDRED POUNDS, I think I can get that last ten off.

No comments: