Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!!

I've never seen St. Patrick's Day celebrated like it is in Youngstown. Yes, I'm aware places like Boston, NYC, and Chicago, even Pittsburgh have amazing celebrations celebrating the luck o' the Irish, but I've never been to any of these celebrations.

People here go CRAZY over it. And I never really get to celebrate because it usually falls on a weekday and I've yet to deem it worthy of a vacation day. ALTHOUGH-- now that I'm thinking about it, I did go to Erie one year to celebrate with Sivillo and pushed him off the porch into a mountain of lake-effect snow in front of all his friends. Now THAT was a good St. Patty's Day, folks.

Anyway-- I didn't really have any plans this year, being St. Patrick's Day fell on a Wednesday, and I'm trying to save up my vacation days just in case I end up needing them for some sort of move sometime this year....

So, when my friend Sally asked me Sunday if I wanted to go to a Cleveland Cavaliers game, at first I thought, no, definately not. I'd have to wake up super early, and get back in time to go to work. But the more I thought about it, I figured, why not? What could be better than going to Cleveland on St. Patrick's Day to see LeBron James? (well, there are a lot of better things, actually, but I've never been to any kind of NBA or NFL game and figured it'd be a good time.)

We left Youngstown around 3:00 in the afternoon and headed to the Winking Lizard right by Quicken Loans Arena (I quickly learned that I needed to call it "The Q" to avoid being laughed at by the locals).

Downtown was NUTS. There were drunk people EVERYWHERE. All the bars were wall to wall, and I loved it! We headed into the Winking Lizard for dinner, but obviously couldn't get a table, so we ordered a few pizzas, got a few green beers (I've never had green beer before!! Me? Love of beer! First time!) and headed to The Q.

I LOVED IT.

The game was soooo much fun and our seats were SUPER high up. I can't imagine what it would be like to be courtside. Here are a few pictures

This guy was some random dude at the bar who was SOOO drunk he could barely stand. He kept trying to pull his shirt down to no avail. My friend Tina went over and dropped a drink stirrer in his crack and it stayed there the rest of the night..at least, it was still there when we left.
Me, Sally, and Tina...notice I'm rockin' the Cavs gear. Brought to you by Wal-Mart. $12 thankyouverymuch.


My first ever green beer. Somehow, the green food coloring made it taste THAT much better.

The view from our seats. Totally up high, but for $28 bucks? It was still super cool.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That butt crack guy is very disturbing, lol. I keep chuckling to myself. He sure looks like an idiot. Oh yea, glad you had fun.

love, mom