Friday, March 5, 2010

On the Edge of Apocalypse.

By the way my Friday started, I felt for SURE this weekend was going to end up being WEAK. As most of you know, I get off work at 7 am, and on Fridays I wake up around noon, so there's SOME chance I MIGHT sleep Friday night.

I woke up at 11:30 on the dot this morning, because the power went out. Keep in mind, since I work overnights, my bedroom window is covered with blackout curtains. The only other window in my entire apartment is a sliding glass door in my living room. So, the bedroom and bathroom are PITCH BLACK. I figured I'd fall back asleep for awhile, since I wanted to wake up and work out, and it's kind of hard to do a Jillian Michaels DVD with no power. I doze off until around 12:35, the power is STILL off. So, I do the best I can to put some makeup on in the dark, throw some clothes on, and head out to run some errands. I couldn't make coffee because THERE WAS NO POWER, so I pulled into Dunkin Donuts. Closed. Why? Power outage. Crap. So I head across the street to my bank because I need some check register books. Closed. Why? Power outage. Apparently 10,000 people were without power because a main transformer blew (found that out thanks to the lady smokin' a cig outside of PNC Bank).
By this time I'm HIGHLY agitated. So, I head to the mall. Being that I felt ugly and dirty and had no caffeine, naturally EVERYTHING I tried on was ugly on me, and I came home with a scarf. That was it. I stopped and spent 4 bucks on a crappy skinny latte at Starbucks, and prayed the power would be back on when I went home.

It wasn't.

By this time my laptop was dying, my BlackBerry was dying, and I STILL couldn't shower because I wouldn't be able to blow dry my hair. Needless to say, I was getting furious.

I send a frantic text to my friend Susan to see if I could go over there to shower and get ready before we headed out for the night, and low and behold..what do you know? Everything electronic in my home suddenly flickered to life!!

I still had time to workout, and now I can shower and get ready for the weekend in the privacy of my own home. This weekend is looking up!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Other than this debacle, I hope you have a nice weekend!! lol

love, mom