Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Back to Work.

After a pretty hectic and eventful Thursday through Tuesday, I head back into work tonight. I'll get a few hours of overtime the rest of this week because I'm going in at 9pm instead of 11pm. Good thing, because this move has been expensive and I need to finish up my Christmas shopping!
I'm looking forward to getting back to my normal routine of working, sleeping, working out and repeating. It's been a tough few days. In some ways it's been WORSE than I expected, but in others it hasn't been as bad as I thought.
The apartment is mostly unpacked except for a few things sitting around that I can't figure out where to put because of my limited space. I actually hung some pictures up myself, too. Not sure if they're exactly centered or straight...but what are ya gonna do?
I'm doing my best to remain optimistic, and I'm hoping the worst is over. I'm grateful that me and Felix's work schedules were always pretty opposite, so I don't really have to get used to sleeping alone, because I already do that. The weekends are the toughest, so I'm just doing my best to stay busy. Pat gave me some advice and told me to go out, even when I don't feel like it. There have been times in the last few days that I just wanted to sit at home and feel sorry for myself, but when friends have asked, I've forced myself to go out to dinner, drinks, whatever is on the agenda. I figure if I keep saying no, eventually the invites will stop. So I've been making myself go, and for the most part, I'm glad I have. I've said this alot lately, but I'm really blessed to have such wonderful people in my life. I'm hoping the depressing blog posts will start to get few and far between, so if you're getting sick of reading about Woe is Ashley, stick with me...hopefully that's all going to come to an end.

No comments: