Sunday, December 6, 2009

Weekend Recap.

Friday
This was day #2 of actually moving all of the big stuff from our townhouse into our new (separate) apartments. After sleeping Thursday night in our new places for the first time (me on a futon cause I didn't get bedroom furniture until later in the weekend...depressing), we met at the old place at 7:30 to pack more stuff. Felix has so much shit. The majority of my stuff had already been moved, so Saturday morning was spent packing his stuff up, because he was totally unprepared ( guess I should've seen it coming, he was like that when we moved in together). I didn't really mind helping out though, no biggie. We had both scheduled the cable guy to come to our new places Friday morning between 8 and 12, and they called us both within ten minutes of each other, so we both went and got our cable connected, then it was back to moving. Felix's friend bartender came over to help, and Sally came to help me out, too. It was just stressful, loading up two pickup trucks...one with my stuff, another with his, and going back and forth between apartments. Friday night, Sally came over with about $40 worth of Chinese food, and we stuffed ourselves until we couldn't feel feelings. Ha! Her husband Seth came over a little later, and I was just kind of bummed..but they both encouraged me to start unpacking and we actually got the majority of everything done! Thank god they kicked my ass in gear, or everything would probably STILL be in boxes in the middle of my living room. I kicked them out around midnight because I was EXHAUSTED.

Saturday.
Around 8 am, the furniture company called and woke me up, and said they would be there in 20 minutes with my bedroom set. I frantically jumped out of bed (well, the futon!) and cleared a path to make sure they could get through. They were only here for probably 20 minutes, and I LOVE MY FURNITURE! Here's my bed:

I also got that bench you see at the foot of the bed, and a big dresser/mirror combo you can't see. After they left, I hopped in the shower to get ready for the day because BECKY WAS COMING TO VISIT!!! It was so good to see her. I REALLY needed my best friend. She came up and we went to Target and I bought some various necessities (a night stand, some lamps, an ironing board cover, iron...etc.) and then came back to my new place. She helped me lug TONS of boxes out to the dumpster..which helped ALOT. Then she put my floor lamps together. After that, she put some Christmas music on and helped me put up and decorate my Christmas tree.

She left around 6:00, and then it hit me. I was by myself. It sucked. It REALLY hit me when I went to Walgreens to buy some light bulbs for my lamps, and I didn't know what kind to get. After three years of Felix doing all that kind of stuff, I was stumped. So, I'm standing in Walgreens, trying not to cry over something as stupid as what wattage of light bulbs to get, and I felt so depressed. When did I become unable to pick out light bulbs? I just got so used to him doing that sort of thing, it's like I forgot how. Luckily, my friend Jason texted me at that moment, so I asked him, and he recommended 75 watt (they work just fine).
After I got home from Walgreens, all I wanted to do was sit on my couch and cry and feel sorry for myself, but thank God for my friends, because they talked me into going out for a few drinks. I headed out around 10:00 pm and got home around 1:30. Had 3 beers, so good laughs, and I felt better. I slept in my new bed for the first time, and slept like a rock. It's SOOO comfortable. I love it. So there's a perk.

Sunday.
Today Felix and I met at the old townhouse to get the last of the stuff out and clean before we have to turn our keys in tomorrow. We still get along great, and worked together and got everything done and cleaned. I'm not gonna lie, it felt good to be around him. I still LIKE being with him. He's a great person. It took us a few hours, then we headed our separate ways...I ran some errands, washed and swept my car, and now I'm getting some laundry done, and trying to figure out where all the rest of my crap is going to go.

Felix, being the good guy that he is, is coming over tomorrow afternoon to hang my curtains, put on my new showerhead, and hang some pictures for me. After he's done, I guess that's officially it. I don't know when or if I'll see him again. After a prolonged, almost 6-week breakup, tomorrow it's over. I don't know how I feel about it. I don't know if I'm almost relieved that we've finally come to the end of this, or if I'm scared because I have to get used to living alone again. I know I'm going to be alright, but it's definately going to be a journey getting to that point, and I'm not exactly looking forward to it. Plus, I've had off a few days, and I don't go back into work until Tuesday night...so hopefully once I get back into work routine, it'll get easier. We'll see.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry that you have to go through all of this, but I am proud of you.

love, mom