Wednesday, December 23, 2009

The Great Dryer Dilemma.

On Saturday, I stripped the sheets off my bed, got all my dirty laundry possible together (including bath mat, hand towels, etc...) and walked the 15 feet from my apartment to the laundry room, loaded up with detergent, dryer sheets, and quarters.

I walked into the laundry room and saw that the ENTIRE TOP OF THE DRYER was missing. Just gone. I was kinda pissed, because what was I going to do with my dirty sheets? Put them back on my bed? I just figured that it was broken and that maintenance was fixing it.

By last night, the dryer STILL wasn't fixed, so I loaded up all of my dirty laundry (after just sleeping with a comforter on a mattress for a few days) and hauled it all over to the laundromat. Ten dollars in quarters later, all my laundry was done...and two precious hours of my life were stolen from me.

Tonight, I learned from a girl in another building, that the dryer wasn't in fact BROKEN, but someone was coming around to all the buildings and STEALING THE QUARTERS! So they were coming in during the middle of the night and stealing the tops of the dryers. While I know this is probably considered petty theft, it still kinda freaks me out to know some strung out druggie was coming into my building and stealing all the quarters. The laundry room is RIGHT by my apartment. I hear stuff over there all the time! I just picture myself coming out of my place at 11:00 pm going to work, and seeing some homeless man with a long scraggly beard and a threadbare tossle cap and long military coat jimmying the lock on my dryer,then knifing me because I caught him in the act.

Woe is me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And me...

love mom

PS You should be able to outrun some sickly junkie, I hope?!