Monday, December 21, 2009

Happy Birthday Mom!! (Just a Day Late)

"A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials heavy and sudden, fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends who rejoice with us in our sunshine desert us; when trouble thickens around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavor by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts.” - Washington Irving

Yesterday was my mom's birthday, and I was a TERRIBLE daughter. I forgot the date (not of her birthday, but what day yesterday actually WAS), and even though I already sent her a card, I forgot to call her.

THEN- I went to work at 9:00 pm and wrote a blog post about her that wouldn't post because of stupid Blogger problems.

So, the handsdown, most important woman in my life did not get a blog post on her birthday.

Sorry mom! I promise your Christmas gift will MORE than make up for the crap that is your oldest daughter.

Anyway, anyone who knows my mom knows she ranks up there with the best moms in the world. Really, she does. She's fantastic. I talk to her AT LEAST once a day and I tell her (mostly) everything.

She's always put her kids before everything else in her life. One thing that will always stick with me is the fact that I remember being in grade school, and dressing in the cutest clothes out there. My mom had like, two skirts and 4 shirts she wore to work. I remember how empty her closet was and how full mine used to be.

I've put her through the ringer a time or two with my shenanigans (especially in high school), but she's never stopped loving me and never stopped being there for me. I feel like all I do is ramble on about how fantastic my mom is, and it might be losing it's meaning because I do it so much.

So, mom, I love you! Happy Birthday!! Sorry for being a crappy daughter this year. See ya on Christmas!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love you and you have always been a joy...except when you weren't!!!! lolololol

love, mom