Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Bring On the Summer Heat.


It's supposed to be in the upper 70's- mid 80's all week long, so even though Summer isn't officially here until Saturday, I say it's already begun!
The funny thing about working overnights, though, is that I rarely realize how hot it is during the week.
If I know it's going to be a hot day, I turn on the A/C before I get into bed (when it's still like, 60 degrees out), and wake up to a cool house. I'm REALLY boring during the week, and have my routine that usually keeps me indoors. By the time I go to work at 10:30, it's cooled off drastically...so it's like I never even knew it was hot outside!
I've gone through entire heat waves during the summer and not even realized it. I suppose it's a good thing because I cannot STAND being hot, but at the same time, I always feel like I'm missing out on my summers. At least we've had a string of 4 or 5 beautiful weekends, and I can make up for it on my days off!

2 comments:

The Gilligans said...

Ditto! My week isn't anymore exciting than yours. School sucks! I actually think I would rather be working...never thought I would say that! Anyways, I like that you made reference about me being too lazy and just posting questions on the blog. That is so me! I am certainly going to Cole's shower on the 11th, so if you want to meet up before hand, we can! Let me know!

PS - get a dog :)

Anonymous said...

I hate it any hotter than 75 degrees, FYI

love, mom