Wednesday, June 24, 2009

I Like TV.

After yesterday's rant about Jon & Kate Plus 8, I realized I may take my television viewing a little too seriously. That got me thinking about what shows I religiously watch, and have my DVR set to record the entire series'.

Sunday:
True Blood on HBO.
If you're not watching this, you should. We actually got HBO just for this show. (Well, Felix did because HE pays the cable bill. I want no part of a bill that includes two DVR's, HD whatchamacallit stuff, and 7 different HBO channels. Seems like a waste of money to me, although I do take advantage of all the upgrades...especially HD. I'm a big fan).

Monday:
Jon & Kate Plus 8.
We already know my obsession with this family. And my obsession is even more odd, considering I have no desire to have children.
Cake Boss.
This comes on after Jon & Kate, and I'm not crazy about it, but it's ok. It's a reality show based in a Hoboken, New Jersey bakery. They make all kinds of different cakes, and it's something I'll play in the background when I wake up and I'm checking my email, getting breakfast, etc.

Tuesday:
The "Real Housewives" franchise on Bravo.
It's currently the Housewives of New Jersey, and this cast is FANTASTIC! I love their tough-girl attitudes, and who doesn't love a good table-flip at a family dinner?! This is reality television at its finest. (And yes, I watch all casts, except Atlanta).

The Cleaner on A&E.
This show is really, really good. If you're not watching it, you should. It stars Benjamin Bratt as a former drug addict who now helps other drug addicts get clean. Seriously, one of the best shows on television right now. Watch.

Hawthorne on TNT.
This is that new medical drama starring Jada Pinkett Smith. Last night was the second episode, and I haven't watched it yet, but the first episode piqued my interest so I'll give it a shot.

Wednesday:
So You Think You Can Dance on Fox. I am a TERRIBLE dancer, so I'm crazy fascinated with anyone who can dance their ass off. I love it.

Wipeout on ABC.
Who doesn't love this show? Felix and I record this and usually watch it Saturday mornings when we wake up and are having our coffee. It's one of those little routines I look forward to. Corny? Yes. Do I care? No.

Top Chef Masters on Bravo.
I love love LOVE Top Chef, and right now this new Top Chef Masters will have to do until Padma and the gang come back around, whenever that may be.


Thursday:

Crime 360 on A&E
This is one of those reality shows that follows detectives around as they try to solve homicides. I'm a sucker for these kinds of shows, and the fact that it's based in Cleveland makes it even more intriguing.





***Other shows that have a series recording on our upstairs DVR that I watch when there's nothing else on: Grey's Anatomy (I REALLY fell off the wagon with the season that just wrapped up. The entire season is taped, and I haven't watched ANY of them yet), Private Practice (I think this got canceled? But I still like it), The Office, 30 Rock, My Boys (awesome show on TBS, but the seasons are WAY too short).

Do you know what I've learned from this blog post?

I watch entirely too much television. Maybe I should get a life?

2 comments:

Steph said...

You know I love the Jersey Girls! Freaking LOVE them! But we too are guilty of only subscribing to HBO to watch True Blood. I thought about reading the books, but I dunno. Hey.. would I like your Ytown author?? Lemme know. See you in a few weeks! WHOOOOO!

skittle365 said...

I didn't know you watch True Blood!! It's sooo good. But I'll tell you this, I didn't care for the books AT ALL. I tried to read the first one, it really wasn't any good (in my opinion, but a girl I work with loved the books).
also, yes yes yes you would love the Ytown author just as much as I did! Definately check out the books!!!

Can't wait to see you!