Friday, June 12, 2009

Fit Friday!!!

First things first...I can FINALLY have a clear conscience, the weight on my Ohio State driver's license is no longer a lie. Now that I've 'fessed up, I will keep my license hidden away so no one can see the number on it (which I still think is a LITTLE high).

I'm also proud to announce I have found a bikini that doesn't make me throw up in my mouth at the thought of donning it in front of people. Here's a pic of the top...and although her stomach might be flatter, I have the upper hand because I fill the cups out better.

My goal for this summer was to be in decent shape before we went to the beach at the end of July, and I'm close to meeting it! I'm down about 12 pounds from January, and if it sounds like I'm gloating...it's because I am!! All I have to do to keep myself motivated is to look at this picture of myself, taken a few years ago when Leah and Kate came to visit me in Youngstown. LOOK AT MY CHUBBY FACE!!! It's ok, you can say it...I know. I look bloated, to say the least.



I don't know about you, but I'm always fascinated when I read those articles about how many calories are in our favorite restaurant foods. My mom sent me this link, and even though I've read it all before, it still makes me think twice before ordering. But, as my mom also pointed out...it REALLY makes me want a little fried mac and cheese.

As always on Fit Friday's, I'm giving a shout out to The Fit Wife, who most recently reviewed some of Lifetime's new reality shows.


I know this is a stretch, but I suppose I'll also give a shout out to Mr. Steve Braband, whose blog talks sports, sports, and more sports. Sports= exercise, as long as you're not just watching them on the Boob Tube.

Have's to a wonderful weekend!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You look beautiful!!

And ,mmmmm, fried mac and cheese!!!

love, mom

Steve Braband said...

You're the man.

Sadly, All I do is watch the Boob Tube.

My fit friday tip - drink water instead of pop. All I drink is water and I look like Mr. Atlas.

Also shy away from Pizza Hut Pizzones.