Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Only in Ashley Land.

A funny thing happened to me yesterday. First, take a good look at the picture, and then read on for details.

Let me set this up for you. I was chatting with my mom on the phone, walking around our apartment...rinsing out dishes that were in the sink, putting them in the dishwasher, etc. I was getting ready to work out, so I was getting a big glass of ice water to take downstairs with me. We have one of those Culligan Water thingymajigs, and I had the cup setting on the ledge, filling it with water (Which I should've known better, I've spilled this same cup before because it's too big to balance there). All of a sudden the cup flips over.

And lands directly upside down on the floor.

NO WATER SPILLED.

It landed so perfectly, and on top of the plastic on the floor, it created a suction cup and just stayed there. I would compare it to when you're at the beach and fill a plastic cup up with sand and flip it over to make a sandcastle. Except the sand was water. How unbelievable is that? I was like "sonofabitch!" or some other profanity that shouldn't have been said while on the phone with one's mother...and she said "WHAT WHAT!"

I told her what happened and she said, "OMIGOD take a picture so you can write a blog about it!!!!!"

So, after I took the picture, the big task at hand was cleaning it up...because that's a big cup and it was FILLED with water and ice.

I ended up wrapping towels around the cup, and then tried to simultaneously flip the cup over while scooping up as much ice as I could. Needless to say, it still created a helluva mess.

I don't think I could do that again if I tried!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's my girl!!

love, mom

L said...

I'm not really sure that a glass of water upside down really is the same thing as filling a bucket up with sand and flipping it over to make a sand castle. Perhaps you could have compared it to something else equally likely to spill out all over the place and make a mess when placed back upright. love you!

skittle365 said...

I compared it to a bucket with sand in it because I felt like I could lift the cup up and...oh, nevermind "L". YOU SUCK!

Love you too:)