Friday, June 26, 2009

Fit Friday!!!

Ok. First things first. I fell off the wagon a little this week. But, I think most girls can empathize with the fact that we have one week a month where we just have no energy, a splitting headache, and a strong craving for carbs, grease, and chocolate. So I'm cutting myself a little slack. I didn't do TERRIBLE this week. I still managed to work out three days, and not go completely crazy eating-wise. Next week is another week, and since I know my monthly schedule, I'll be kicking it into high gear in final preparation for VA Beach (31 DAYS!!!).

Second, the wonderful Patrick texted me at work the other night and said I should look into the "Livestrong" app for my BlackBerry and review it for Fit Friday (any blog topics are GREATLY appreciated because, as I've said before, it's not exactly EASY to try and sound entertaining EVERY. DAY. FOR. A. YEAR).

I log all of my food and workouts on The Daily Plate, and I know it's recently merged with Livestrong, but I had no idea they had a BlackBerry app. I was super excited at this revelation, and downloaded the application from BlackBerry App World. The app cost $2.99 and you have to have PayPal to pay for it. It completely links to your livestrong account if you already have one, which is nice for me. I set my calorie goal at 1500/day, and you log your food and it tells you how many more calories you can eat until you reach your goal. I loved the computer version, and I know I'm going to fall in love with the BlackBerry version as well. Thanks Pat!!!

Make sure you check out The Fit Wife and read some of her recent posts. Because of her, I might do nothing but take Vitamin D and drink white tea. All jokes aside, I read some stuff on her blog this week that I didn't know about...and I take great pride in reading up on all the latest health news.

Also, here's a link to some diet tips from the stars you should NEVER follow. Come on people, burn more calories than you take in. It's not easy, but it's way better than drinking maple syrup and cayenne pepper. If you can't do it right, I'm sorry, but you don't deserve to lose the weight. And I'm bad-mouthing my girl Beyonce here, so you know I mean business. Yeah, I know it's not easy...I lose an average of ONE POUND A FRIGGIN' MONTH. But guess what? Those pounds will STAY OFF.


And- I'd be terribly ignorant if I didn't mention the death of two major show business icons, Michael Jackson and Farrah Fawcett.


I'm fitting it into "Fit Friday" because, hey...who can't admire this?





And- I'm sure we ALL have some sort of Michael Jackson on an ipod workout mix somewhere.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have always despised Michael Jackson, but I do feel badly that he died.

love, mom

KC Kinney said...

Oh my gosh!

Okay Ashley-

So now I've had my entertainment for the day...LOVE MICHAEL JACKSON MUSIC!! call me crazy but who can't help but tap their foot or nod their head to a little MJ?

Also, thank you for much for the congratulations :) Who would of thought right??

The Gilligans said...

Oh smash - you never cease to amuse me with your posts! I have to admitt since this drag of a summer session (of classes) has started I haven't been checking anything, my apologies! But, I enjoy them when I do :) So about that get together...I have come to the realization that we are all pathetic because we always say it, but never do it! BUT, we certainly mean it :)

PS - love the tribute to Farrah! Someday I will have that body...someday!

Anonymous said...

I must have totally been absent when the MJ fad went wild. I totally do not get it. I think the world has gone mad...there are now dancing Filipino prisoners, dancing to MJ ,complete with orange prison garb. I have to admit that there is no one famous alive that I am so obsessed with. I am bewildered...

love, mom