Friday, June 5, 2009

Fit Friday!!!

Ohhhh Friday, how I love thee! So, I know "Fit Friday" implies I'd be talking about things that have to do with health and exercise, but I MUST tell you about my new favorite product.

Purex Complete 3-in-1 Laundry Sheets.These were on sale for $4.99 a few weeks ago at my grocery store, and I decided to give 'em a whirl, even though I found it hard to believe one of these things could DO IT ALL...including getting Felix's gross softball shirts clean. Oh how pleasantly surprised I was! All you do is start your washer, throw one of these sheets in the bottom (they're kind of like thicker fabric softener sheets), put your clothes in, and do your laundry as normal! No soap, no filling up a stupid Downey Ball...nothing! Then, just transfer these babies into the dryer with your clothes. Done and done! (I throw an extra dryer sheet in there, too...because I love having good-smelling laundry). Two thumbs up from yours truly! Plus, I'm not really great at math, BUT I think these save you money in the long run. I got the plastic dispenser and 20 sheets for $4.99, and refills come in packs of 24 for like 6 bucks I think.

Moving on, is anyone else getting sick of all these links on webpages like msn.com about how there's STILL TIME TO GET A BIKINI BODY! JUST FOLLOW THIS WORKOUT! I get really excited, but when I click on them, they all say to do the same thing: lunges, cardio, squats, shoulder presses, etc. I already do those. I HAVE been doing those. STILL totally hesitant about stepping out in a bikini.

Speaking of bikinis, I just ordered 6 of them from target.com. I figured I'd try them all on and cross my fingers I'd like at least one, then send all the rest back. Although, I didn't really check out their return policy, so hopefully I didn't just spend $150 bucks on bikinis I'll never wear. Maybe I should've bought one of those mom-skirted-swimsuits?! We shall see.

Since my gal The Fit Wife wrote a blog post about the Fit Bit tracker, I'm really intrigued and want to find out more about this little calorie tracking gadget.Read The Fit Wife's post for a more in-detail description, but you wear this little thing on you at all times (it clips on your belt, or wherever convienent...even on your bra!!) and it allegedly tracks things like how many calories your burning, as well as how well you're sleeping. The whole thing is $99 bucks! I'm a little skeptical, but might splurge on it just because it sounds pretty friggin' cool.

Have a great weekend everybody!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gadgety!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

love, mom
P.S. I miss you

The Gilligans said...

Love the customer review for the new laundry sheets! I have wondered about them :) It has been a while since I have had the chance to look at your blog - As always, very impressed my friend! I will keep checking back in between school work! Hey, only two more semester on campus after the summer! Wha hoo!!!

Miss ya much smash!