Tuesday, June 9, 2009

I Want to Stalk Beyonce.

Yesterday, when I woke up and turned on the TV, I saw that there was going to be a feature on Beyonce on the Ellen show, where they went behind-the-scenes at her tour. I got SERIOUSLY excited, and even debated recording the show in case I missed it while I was going about my "morning" routine (which happens during the week around 3:00 p.m.)
My almost-unhealthy-excitement about the segment got me thinking about my borderline obsession with Beyonce.
I LOVE her. Like, a lot. I like her so much that over the weekend, when we went to Lorain to see Felix's sister, I got a little defensive when she said she wasn't a Beyonce fan. I'm pretty sure that's not normal. I didn't realize it until right now as I type this stalkerish blogpost.
I even remember the MOMENT when I decided she was amazing.
It was in 2006 when she performed "Ring the Alarm" on the MTV Music Awards. Her performance BLEW ME AWAY. I make people watch it, sometimes, but they're never as impressed as I was. Here it is (My favorite part hits around the 2:40 mark. Love it.)



All joking and exaggerating aside, I really do admire her. I like how you don't see her out drunk at clubs in tabloids, I like how she keeps her personal life as private as she can (which would be pretty tough, considering she's married to friggin' JAY-Z). I like how she's proud of her body (and her booty), and I also like how she has said she dated Jay-Z for years before getting married, because she had to be happy with who SHE was before she could take that next step. I admire that.
Although, I think her crazy dancing in the "Single Ladies" video is completely inappropriate for my 10-year-old sister to watch...I still love it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't get mad but I can take Beyonce or leave her...but I understand your admiration. I actually cannot think of anyone that I admire. Well I admire my husband for being such a loyal, hardworking man and you kids for your accomplishments, but that will be it.

love, mom