Thursday, June 18, 2009

I think this is a federal offense.


Does everyone remember that Seinfeld episode where Jerry and Kramer were in Newman's apartment and found bags and bags of undelivered mail?
Well, I kind of feel like my life is that episode of Seinfeld. Here's why:
A few months ago, we didn't get mail for like, 3 days...which is highly unusual because between both Felix and I, we usually at least have SOMETHING, even if it's junk, every day.
I remember putting something in our mailbox one morning to be sent out, and I put it in the mailbox when I got home from work, around 7 IN THE MORNING. I woke up later that afternoon and checked the mailbox. My letter had been picked up, and we had a bunch of mail.
Felix got home from work later that night, and asked me why I hadn't gotten the mail, and I showed him everything sitting on the table. Very confused, he went to the front door, and proceeded to gather up all the mail that was in the mailbox for the SECOND TIME that day. Somehow our mail got delivered twice. In one day. Keep in mind, we have more than one mail carrier...I've heard through the grapevine they have a few part-timers doing our route, and I've seen a black man deliver our mail, a white dude, and a blonde lady with a crazy 90's perm.
My thought is that one of the mail carriers just didn't feel like delivering the mail earlier in the week, and decided to do it in the evening that day...after the other carrier already delivered our mail for that day.
Are you all following me on this?
Fast forward to yesterday. I woke up around 3:15, and if our mail isn't there by then, it usually comes shortly after. I looked down the street and saw the mail carrier, and figured he'd get to my house soon.
Then a horrendous downpour started, and I looked outside and saw the carrier running to his truck, hopping in, and driving away. Without delivering my mail. I think he just didn't want to walk around in the rain, so he left!! It's not like I'm expecting some important letter or anything today, but not delivering mail because it's raining is like me just leaving work because there are too many fires and shootings overnight and I just don't feel like dealing with them.
WTF. It's just funny because situations like this always make me think I'm seriously living in a sitcom.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Call the damn Post Office. That outfit wastes more money that GM!!
love, mom